NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members
I liked the show, but 7 matches on a one hour show is too much.

It's not. When you're introducing new characters, they want to be having short, sharp matches. These guys are inexperienced, working short TV matches will be good for them. Asking them to go out and have 10-15 minute matches every week will kill them before they start. Once they're established, look at having longer main event event matches.

• Paid Members

If you are introducing new characters, there should be fewer matches to make them standout more. If you try to get everyone over, nobody gets over.

Not like anyone will get over through this show. When they make it to the main roster, they will have to try and get over again, because nobody is watching NXT.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

It's not. When you're introducing new characters, they want to be having short, sharp matches.

Yeah, but not that many in one hour. I never got much past the woeful Bo Dallas bit on the first episode, but doing that several times per show isn't going to help anyone. Especially if they're ten-a-penny gimmickless, charismaless shitehawks like Bo Dallas. By all accounts, the crowds for this sit on their hands waiting for the dark match main events between proper wrestlers anyway. And the majority of these fuckers have no character or anything to distinguish themselves from each other, so a million of them having squash matches on one show is detrimental. The only people that have had any buzz in this thread are The Ascension and Bray Wyatt.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members
It's not. When you're introducing new characters, they want to be having short, sharp matches.

Yeah, but not that many in one hour. I never got much past the woeful Bo Dallas bit on the first episode, but doing that several times per show isn't going to help anyone. Especially if they're ten-a-penny gimmickless, charismaless shitehawks like Bo Dallas. By all accounts, the crowds for this sit on their hands waiting for the dark match main events between proper wrestlers anyway. And the majority of these fuckers have no character or anything to distinguish themselves from each other, so a million of them having squash matches on one show is detrimental. The only people that have had any buzz in this thread are The Ascension and Bray Wyatt.

Nobody wants to see them wrestle for 10-15mins. It's better to chuck them out and let them hit their big moves while Jim Ross tries to get them over. The more you see them, the more you know them. There wasn't anyone on the show that I wished I'd seen a bit more of. It's plenty enough as an introduction.

As Ian says, it's not like anyone in the US is even watching so pretty irrelevant.

• Paid Members

I liked the show again this week. There are plenty of flaws, but it's good for what it is. The sound levels were all over the place and the production really gives away the fact that this is just a series of pre-taped matches, so it doesn't flow like a proper wrestling card.

As for who we saw this week, The Ascension still stand out the most. They have some of the best fleshed out characters. The Bray Wyatt vignettes are quality, but I'm not sure the character will ever translate to WWE TV.

Cesaro and Rollins are both good workers, who can go in the ring. The short squash matches are hiding their strengths rather than their weaknesses. Both these guys will impress more when they get the time to work longer, more competitive matches.

I don't mind the quick-fire short match structure as a means of getting everyone introduced to the audience, but in the long run this needs to be replaced by a proper show, with angles and longer matches. I'm sure this will happen if the show continues to run.

Just watched the latest episode. Rollins looks ok, although a bit CM Punk like which is off putting, his finisher looked weak too. Jinder Mahal is still dull. I liked Leo Kruger, something a bit different there. Ritchie steamboat will go the same way as Ted Dibiase jr, the Uso's should be pushed a bit more, ie win the odd match!

Edited by The King of Old School

I liked the show again this week. There are plenty of flaws, but it's good for what it is. The sound levels were all over the place and the production really gives away the fact that this is just a series of pre-taped matches, so it doesn't flow like a proper wrestling card.

As for who we saw this week, The Ascension still stand out the most. They have some of the best fleshed out characters. The Bray Wyatt vignettes are quality, but I'm not sure the character will ever translate to WWE TV.

Cesaro and Rollins are both good workers, who can go in the ring. The short squash matches are hiding their strengths rather than their weaknesses. Both these guys will impress more when they get the time to work longer, more competitive matches.

I don't mind the quick-fire short match structure as a means of getting everyone introduced to the audience, but in the long run this needs to be replaced by a proper show, with angles and longer matches. I'm sure this will happen if the show continues to run.

I think he'll be okay, my memory isn't perfect but wasnt CM Punk doing really well when he was doing his SES Saviour stuff, thats kinda similar right? Thats sortof similar to the Bray Wyatt thing Southern Preacher thing right?

I liked Seth Rollins, but Christ, he really needs to lose that heavy metal schtick. He looked a right plum when he pretended to be a 15 year old fanny in a mosh pit during his entrance, kicking and swinging his legs around. The moshing was stupid at the end as well.

The Ascension's entrance is the coolest thing in WWE.

Thing is about some of the hate for Rollins' metalhead schtick is that this is WWE. Kevin Dunn and Vince have a perpetual hard-on for Kid Rock and Saliva. It may not be cool to us, but it feels a hell of a lot more relevant than what we usually get with WWE. It's not perfect I know but it's a bit better.

• Paid Members

A one minute match and a shit promo? The one consistent thing I've heard about him is that he's CM Punk without the ability to cut a promo. He's just another bloke in kickpads right now. That might change, but there is fuck all fresh or relevant about him off the back of that. As I said earlier, he looked good in FCW. On NXT, he's just some bloke with a neck beard.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

He'd look a lot better, if he did something so that his beard didn't look so dirty and if he had a doucey chest tattoo. I'd say the only reason he hasn't got one is because he knows he'll regret it in later life, but right now - if he got that, he could look ridiculously relevant and get all the teenage emo girls that Jeff Hardy used to get.

I just caught this weeks after missing a few and never realised they had done a total re-style..I think its pretty cool. Gives it a unique feel, as it comes across as its own thing rather than just some shit thrown together before Raw/SD. Even though the crowd were a bit quiet for a lot of it, i hope that will change once all the guys have established characters and are more familiar. Having guys like The Usos and Cesare is a good thing as it helps have a wee bit of "Star" power on it, and shows its not just a show full of nobodies, at present at least.

Echo the comments on The Acension....great entrance, just crying out for more of a reaction.

And the commentary sounded a bit ropey, as stated. Sounded like it was recored in a studio then added to the mix.....

All in all a welcome change from the overly produced main shows, hopefully it will pick up and give other guys some exposure.