NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Thought outside of The Ascension's promo and match, and the Bray Wyatt promo, the entire thing was utter shit from start to finish. Squash matches between development talents, and nearly every promo was for a wrestler "Coming Soon" or "Coming Next Week". Plus a Damien Sandow non-match and more shit recaps of a shit Raw.

The crowd was small and barely interested, nobody seemed to be arsed. Bad, bad bad.

The Bray Wyatt vignette was brilliant, best one I've seen him in so far. Gonna re-watch the show on TV tomorrow, I skipped over a fair bit on Youtube but it looks like a good show that will pick up a bit in a few weeks when they don't have to keep introducing people.

• Paid Members
nearly every promo was for a wrestler "Coming Soon" or "Coming Next Week".

What do you expect in week one? Promos and vignettes for the big stars they've created in the first 20 minutes?

Eh, I'm hoping it will develop over the next few weeks, but this was just wrestlers and wrestling matches, none of them all that exciting. The aggression levels peaked at JRs beard. It's not the NXT I loved , but we'll see how it goes.

Definitely not wild and/or young enough though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, The Ascension promo was the shittest looking thing I've ever seen, and the match was utter turd. Some people on here talked some right fucking bollocks about them.

Edited by NEWM

Johnny Curtis was being fantastically creepy though.

Its still there.

really liked the bray wyatt promo. hell it made me interested in husky harris. everything else was fine. good start. coming weeks will be interesting with the progressively tired crowd and how they react towards the end of the 4 hours

I can see why people got excited about the Brat Wyatt promo, it was fabulously produced and left an impression. However, I am so confident that it won't translate to his in-ring that it just doesn't matter. For that character to work, he needs to fight guys in the woods and finish them with a crucifix arse rape bomb or something.

His debut will be Husky Harris dressed like Waylon Mercy using a DDT-like move and probably playing a hellish babyface way too subtly for that brain dead crowd to give a fuck about. Prince Albert dressed like Hakushi and nobody gave a shite about that either. These sorts of vignettes are super fun to watch but never translate now, it's not 1987.

• Paid Members

Gonna join in the love for the Ascension. They were superb to watch with a totally awesome vignette and I'm looking forward to finding out more about their characters. Bo Dallas was a cool cat as well. Oh, and Damian Sandow is simply wonderful. I love it when he goes "I ask you to be silent, please" or something similar and how he holds the microphone like a glass of brandy. Brilliant character.

So whats the craic with this new nxt then? Does it revert back to " the winner of this season goes to raw/smackdown" again or will it be never ending like the redemption series?

Same name, different concept. Its basically just a show to bridge the gap between FCW & Superstars. Think of it as a brand now, not a 'show'

Just gave this a try and ended up not liking it at all, Tyson Kidd Vs. Michael What's His Name, was so incredibly dull and boring it's unreal. I found the bit in the toilets with those two skinny annoying looking guys to be a bit creepy, all of the vignettes were shit, none of them have ANY personalities what so ever, and it was just all too painful to sit through. I'll pass on this next time.

Bray Wyatt is just fuckin' awesome.. always been a fan of Husky Harris and I think they've cracked it with this new gimmick. I particularly liked when Bray danced about the ring with his opponents beaten limp body during a match in FCW. Husky's doing a great job of looking completely insane. Looking forward to seeing how the Character plays out on NXT.