NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Looks great, nice to see a different look to their TV show. Gives it an indy feel which is cool for a WWE show. Looking forward to see all the new guys too. Also glad that NXT is still on TV over here, unlike the US.

• Paid Members

Cheers to Sixteen Degrees for the list.Really looking forward to this now, it's like a whole new promotion to follow, but with the WWE seal of you know this won't be ENTIRELY horrible however bad it might get.The only downside is I fear it may now take away ANY excitement about new wrestlers debuting on Raw/Smackdown.

Cheers to Sixteen Degrees for the list.Really looking forward to this now, it's like a whole new promotion to follow, but with the WWE seal of you know this won't be ENTIRELY horrible however bad it might get.The only downside is I fear it may now take away ANY excitement about new wrestlers debuting on Raw/Smackdown.

Thanks Statto.If you look at the list you may notice that one FCW name is significant by it's absence. To me that suggests/confirms that they will be brought up to Smackdown/Raw in the near future. So there will hopefully be excitement there.

So is this the first week of The New NXT on thursday then? Or will the old lot keeping going? I ask because they've already given up based upon last week. Reks and Hawkins were wrestling without any questioning by William Regal on commentary, he wasn't even dogging them. It didn't mention the fact that Johnny Curtis should be handcuffed to Maxine, and be waiting around on commentary while she's wrestling and there was no backstage promos. It certainly lacked it's charm.

I've been watching FCW though, and I'm already a fan of The Ascension. Given a larger platform, WWE cameras and a better set-up, their entrance should look amazing. I also like the use of Sandow and Cesaro, maybe Titus & Young could come back to give someone a whipping or Ryback could come in to batter Camacho's $2000 bike again

So is this the first week of The New NXT on thursday then? Or will the old lot keeping going? I ask because they've already given up based upon last week. Reks and Hawkins were wrestling without any questioning by William Regal on commentary, he wasn't even dogging them. It didn't mention the fact that Johnny Curtis should be handcuffed to Maxine, and be waiting around on commentary while she's wrestling

Sounds like you missed a week.

So is this the first week of The New NXT on thursday then? Or will the old lot keeping going? I ask because they've already given up based upon last week. Reks and Hawkins were wrestling without any questioning by William Regal on commentary, he wasn't even dogging them. It didn't mention the fact that Johnny Curtis should be handcuffed to Maxine, and be waiting around on commentary while she's wrestling

Sounds like you missed a week.

I knew they came back as security, but that's not permission to wrestle is it? Or have a missed a segment or 2? Either way, it felt a lot like Superstars. There was no real story to it.

I'm a bit sceptical as to whether I will love NXT as much if it's actually a quality wrestling product. A lot of my fondness was down to the entire thing going down to ghost crowds and them generally not giving a fuck due to this. If they are going to actually be generating heat and pops, I don't know what I'll feel like.

I will say that the set-up looks fantastic and it does look like it'll be amazing. JR/Regal on commentary and Hunter booking is a dream come true. I echo the comments about how this looks like something from Shotgun/Metal and that this how ECDoubleNew should have looked. If only there was an audio engineering school like this up in Pennsylvania, they could have totally did ECW tapings in there instead of before Smackdown, and it would have been much more beneficial.

WWE will continue taping NXT Season 5 (Redemption season) at the Smackdown tapings to air online on Wednesdays. The start of a re-branded Season 6 was taped last week at Full Sail University. WWE will continue taping NXT5 at the weekly Smackdown tapings until finding a new TV home for NXT6.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/quickne...cle_61700.shtml

Edited by pol_pot_rick