NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Triple H is running the show too, you know it's going to get the proper attention it needs to be good. It's pretty smart move by Vince though; let Triple H run this before he takes over from the Vince.I've not been excited for something like this since that January 4th TNA show.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

This sounds fantastic. I wouldn't be surprised now that they're putting such attention on NXT that Ambrose is debuts on here as the main guy to build the brand around, a bit like how Punk was the new guy that was highlighted on WWECW in 2006. Would make more sense than to risk being lost in the shuffle on Raw or Smackdown. Would be nice for this to be a bit more experimental with the format too.

Edited by dharmabear

Smackdown thread going mad for Titus and D-Young. NXT Redemption is the star-maker.

Indeed it is, now I'm waiting for The Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins push to materialise...If they are really going all out for the Tag Division (probably not though) I reckon they could put Derrick Bateman and Johnny Curtis together and they could do pretty good!Oh and this new show sounds class, better keep "Wild and Young" as the theme song! Edited by Cobra1000

If they make it kinda like early wwecw was it could be a great thing, use Seth Rollins as Punk was in ecw and Ambrose as Morrison for example it would make for exciting tv, just give a weekly 2minute recap on Raw and SD just so fans that dont watch who these guys are and where to watch.But knowing wwe it'll start great like NXT did or early Superstars that had Taker vs Matt Hardy as its first Main event, and over the first few months had Punk vs Edge, Y2J vs Morrison to how it is now, it'll be great for a few weeks then it'll change or go back to the old tapings.But I hope it works out well

NEWM, I miss your NXT sig.

Sorry, had to get rid as it had already become out of date in its short life. As this roster starts to bleed in and guys take to take their rightful places on the main shows, this crop (the golden era, in my opinion) will no longer be the NXT crew and instead go on to make MILLIONS 'A DOLLAS! Edited by NEWM

Final NXT Taping had THE GREAT KHALI! Him and Zeke beat Reks and Hawkins who are back wrestling for no reason in particular. Apparently the Main Event was a peach too. I'll wait until I've seen the show to judge, but goodbye to the Redemption Era. A marvellous show that I think will age fantastically well too.

Will the new version of the show be airing here next Thursday night after the Raw repeat then? It will be my first NXT since the one where Daniel Bryan beat up Michael Cole, I hope all of the dodgy assault courses and that are not still a part of the show.