NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

WWE will continue taping NXT Season 5 (Redemption season) at the Smackdown tapings to air online on Wednesdays. The start of a re-branded Season 6 was taped last week at Full Sail University. WWE will continue taping NXT5 at the weekly Smackdown tapings until finding a new TV home for NXT6.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/quickne...cle_61700.shtml

So we wont get to see this on UK tv either until it has a tv slot in the states? Bollocks. I was really looking forward to this.

WWE will continue taping NXT Season 5 (Redemption season) at the Smackdown tapings to air online on Wednesdays. The start of a re-branded Season 6 was taped last week at Full Sail University. WWE will continue taping NXT5 at the weekly Smackdown tapings until finding a new TV home for NXT6.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/quickne...cle_61700.shtml

That doesn't make much sense.

NXT airs on WWE.com at the moment as WWE can't find a decent U.S. tv channel to air it. It's been that way since it finished on SyFy back in September 2010.

WWE did their first taping at Full Sail last week. They are scheduled to return there for another taping at the end of June, and they've already said there will be monthly tapings held until the end of the year.

Things change very quickly in wrestling, and I cannot see WWE gaining a U.S. tv spot for the new NXT, and start airing months-old shows from the tapings.

What may happen is that from July 23rd, when RAW goes three hours, the Superstars matches that they tape before RAW at the moment will all be moved to the Tuesday Smackdown tapings, and thus, at that point there will be no time to tape NXT before Smackdown any longer (unless WWE starts holding near 4 hour tv tapings on Tuesdays, which is unlikely).

I think the very latest that we will start seeing the new NXT will be from the week commencing July 23rd.

I find it very strange though that they've started taping the show already, with no apparent plans to show it within the next two months at least.

Argh shit. I was really looking forward to this to watch at the weekend as well. Here is a thought, what happens when certain things on the show becomes out of date by the time it's aired?

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Like R Truth will be coming out with his Tag Team Title on Episode 3. What if in the real world, he and Kofi have lost them by then? Or even if some of the main roster names like Jinder Mahal or someone like that are released before, would the matches not be used?

Edited by ThePhenom

What may happen is that from July 23rd, when RAW goes three hours, the Superstars matches that they tape before RAW at the moment will all be moved to the Tuesday

It's been 'reported' that that's what will be happening anyway, regardless of what happens with NXT.

I think ClassicsGuy is on the button here. With the Superstars tapings being moved fully to Smackdown, and the fact that no title belts were shown on screen, it says to me that these are definitely made for screening a few months down the line. I don't think they'll keep Redemption going indefinitely, there's no point. The comments about WWE holding these pilots back until they get a TV deal is probably either dirtsheet mince as usual or an attempt at scaremongering by WWE to try and whip up online support for a TV deal.

That said, didn't they shoot pilots for that Cruisers show at the start of the year? Those haven't seen the light of day yet, so I'm not exceedingly confident in my ascertion.

• Paid Members

Just watching this weeks (or last, I recorded it before Raw last night) and Regal is cracking me up with the rubbish jokes. Gedupta Singh was a particular highlight.

Derek Bateman is looking great since the last time is saw him.

Last time i watched NXT was when everyone was getting taken out backstage (Riley etc) and they found Percy Watsons tassles off of his boot, did that storyline ever get a conclusion or is it ongoing still?

Edited by Nick James

Wasn't really blown away by NXT this week.(The episode shown before this weeks Raw.Not sure if it's new new or just new over here)

Mahal Vs Bateman was the best match on the show.I really like Bateman but i'm not sure if he'd fit in on either Raw or Smack Down.NXT seems to suit him down to the ground,mabye i'm wrong.

Can't say "Showtime"Percy watson does much for me,tho on the other hand Heath Slater is a joy to watch in the ring.

The main event lacked any real oomph for me.It's probably because I could care less about either Khali or Jackson.McIntyre deserves to be back on Smack Down IMO.Really got into him during his run on SD when he debuted.

Alicia Fox Vs Maxine felt like it was one botch away from completely falling apart.Fox must be one of the most uncordinated human beings i've ever seen in my life.Anytime I watch her wrestle I can't help but picture Bambi trying to walk for the first time.

Regal and Matthews are great on commentary.Even Regal's jokes that fell flat on their arse were entertaining in a so bad they were funny way,especially the circus gag.His line about he and Jackson being the reason for ECW's demise was terrific as was he karaoke joke.

Edited by wh1007

We're on our arse with NXT since the false dawn of the studio taping.

That's two weeks on the spin now with just a load of matches. Pardon my pedantry, but I do not watch NXT to see 45 minutes of fucking wrestling. I didn't think it was too much to ask for somebody to be tied up and bummed in the changing rooms, or have a few weddings or funerals in the ring, or a dog in the playground, anything that made sense in the NXT world. But it's just matches.

Kaitlyn and Maxine are sort of involved in something where they're both trying to beat Tamina Snuka better than the other bird, but that can't...actually, that's quite funny if they did a variant of that for the next thirty weeks or so.

Other than that, it's still hurting from losing D-Young and Titus, Hawkins and Reks are getting nowt, and the police are leaving Percy Watson well alone.

Difficult times on the Yellow Brand.

• Paid Members
We're on our arse with NXT since the false dawn of the studio taping.

That's two weeks on the spin now with just a load of matches. Pardon my pedantry, but I do not watch NXT to see 45 minutes of fucking wrestling. I didn't think it was too much to ask for somebody to be tied up and bummed in the changing rooms, or have a few weddings or funerals in the ring, or a dog in the playground, anything that made sense in the NXT world. But it's just matches.

I thought this during the main event this week. You could tell the crowd thought the match was alright as they reacted when the final minute of action unravelled, but before that there was nothing to differentiate any of the six guys from one another. It wasn't even difficult to set something up - Justin Gabriel was returning from two months out due to injury, but the only way you would know was because the commentators mentioned it in a throwaway line. JTG revamped his look in that time, and there's been no follow-up on how it's made a difference, although ironically once you get the entrance out of the way, he now looks more like every other guy in trunks and boots. I don't know why anyone should care about any of these guys.

NXT has gone from the only WWE show I watch in normal speed to being 90% fast forwarded these past two weeks. Did I miss any good Regal Jokes?

Who was beating everyone up backstage and leaving Percy's tassle's laying around?

Where is the new talent that William mentioned 4 week ago?

So dissapointed. It may aswell be hour two of Superstars right now.

• 2 weeks later...