NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Now The Phenom doesn't like it. So it'll definitely be good.

Charmed. Putting my hurt feelings aside, don't get your hopes up for a good show just becuase I said it's bad. I was expecting something decent, and have been let down.

Edited by ThePhenom

• Paid Members

I enjoyed this quite a lot. I'll tell you what I thought was cool - the Ascension, as kitschy as they are, doing a tag squash where they just isolated one guy and destroyed him. Makes them look like incredible tag team wrestlers without having to completely wreck two other guys. One guy essentially got double-teamed and the other one couldn't even get in it - there's a tag team put across as dangerous and two singles wrestlers who aren't dead in the water from week one. Cleverly done.

I enjoyed the main event, too. It's exactly the right environment for guys like Kidd and McGillicutty to be in. They're not big-league guys, but if they stick around on NXT, keeping fresh and improving, WWE can call them up if they hit a run of form.

The set-up was great too. Lovely-looking little room. Oh, and JR and Regal on commentary! That's pretty much my favourite commentary pairing EVER.

One of the few downsides, I thought, was the new theme tune. I love

, and it's by one of my favourite bands in the world, but it's an odd choice.

NEWM doesn't like this, so I figure there's a fair chance it'll actually be good (no offence!). Now The Phenom doesn't like it. So it'll definitely be good.

Offence taken you bastard. Surely my stock order of half of your DVD shelf a few years ago should tell you my quality barometer can be measured with the best of them.

That said, I think I know what you're saying, but at the same time, I don't think me and Dill agree all the time, so I'm not sure if I want lumping in there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and as long as my name's still on the door in this thread (okay, I took it off, but I could change that any second, you watch), look again with the Ascension. You're all wrong, the fucking lot of you. Vince Russo's TNA wouldn't have been allowed to get away with that sort of shit, so neither should these. The promo was tripe and the match was a tag squash, big fucking deal.

I absolutely will not compromise on this. Couldn't have been more disappointed.

Edited by NEWM

• Paid Members
Offence taken you bastard. Surely my stock order of half of your DVD shelf a few years ago should tell you my quality barometer can be measured with the best of them.

I was only referring to your love for the old shitty NXT. Honest!

I was only referring to your love for the old shitty NXT. Honest!

Reported.

• Paid Members

It WAS rubbish. Not sure what The Ascension showed us in a 3 minute handicap squash match and the promo was the same old shite.

McGillicutty v Kidd was the charisma vacuum I expected it to be. Absolutely no fucking idea what the hell Johnny Curtis was blithering on about at all. The Bray Wyatt promo was the best thing on it but it will, unfortunately, go absolutely nowhere. JR was way off the pace with his commentary. It was shite!

Seth Rollins' neckbeard is the scariest thing on tv.

EditL oh yeah, the show was shite.

Edited by Loki

I'd love to give Bo Dallas a good hard slap, he's just got one of those faces. The Ascension promo was like something out of one of those gothy TV shows you get on the Horror Channel in the middle of the day. I quite liked how their entrance was cut with backstage bits so it was all a bit "what's going on here?" but it really was corny as fuck. I enjoyed it in a "this is shit" sort of way though.

• Paid Members

The Ascension promo made me laugh my face off, so shit it was nearly good. Not sure they're wanting folk to laugh at their big scary goth team, though.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that was distracted by Seth Rollins neckbeard. I'm pretty sure I'd beat him with a can of Lynx.

The plus was the commentary. I didn't think Regal was as good as others say he is, but JR is still the best they've got.

I care more for shit like The Ascension than I do for a Kofi though. At least I know what they're about.

• Paid Members

I wanted to like it, but its basically if you put Smackdown in the Impact Zone. Nothing much happens, the matches are pretty basic and the characters are probably going to die a death when they actually make it to the main roster. Its such an uneventful show. Just matches and typical wrestler promos filled with clich

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members
Loved it. Loaded with potential.

Mostly agree with this, I'll give it at least six months to see the characters get over, by which time it could be a corker of a show.