Podcast Recommendations

Joey Joe Joe Jr

I gave the Mark Andrews podcast a go today on BBC Sounds. It’s very well produced and Andrews comes across very well. Unfortunately my interest in wrestling has never been lower and I’ll probably reserve the 45 minutes a week of wrestling interest I can muster for Wrestle Me and they always handily point out who the wrong un’s are which is always helpful for the conscientious  lapsed fan but for anyone still with an interest I’d recommend it. 

Edited by Mr_Danger

9 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I gave the Mark Andrews podcast a go today on BBC Sounds. It’s very well produced and Andrews comes across very well. Unfortunately my interest in wrestling has never been lower and I’ll probably reserve the 45 minutes a week of wrestling interest I can muster for Wrestle Me and they always handily point out who the wrong un’s are but for anyone still with an interest I’d recommend it. 

I'm not really that knowledgable about Mark Andrews (or any of the NXT UK/NXT people) but it's an alright listen. He genuinely loves wrestling and everything about it and it comes across in spades. To me it sounds like something aimed at non-fans to try and help explain why people enjoy wrestling.

It's not something I'd go out of my way to listen to the newest episode, but it's fine if you need something to put on in the car. The only real negative is that his awful band soundtrack it.

Yeah it’s got a broader appeal which I imagine is a must when it’s going out on BBC Sounds. The Press X to Continue gaming podcast on the Beeb is the same. I really enjoyed the bits with his mum and dad and found that side much more relatable than the sound bites from Trips and HBK.

I always had my suspicions that Greg James was a wrestling fan.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Monkee said:

If anyone’s interested in a bit of 90s reminiscing, there’s now a Renford Rejects podcast. It’s something I’m helping out with so would appreciate some listens. Available on a few channels:

https://linktr.ee/RenfordPodcast

Thanks guys!

Me and my friend are still obsessed with this show as we were when it first came out. Been looking forward to this podcast for a while now so will definitely be checking it out. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Are there any decent gaming podcasts about these days? I used to listen to Videogamer back when Simon Miller, Steve Burns, Chris Bratt were on it about 5 years ago now. They had a decent mix of enthusiasm (Chris Bratt) and cynicism and outright hostility to the games industry (Simon Miller, Steve Burns, everyone else). Anything like that about now? 

Listen to The Back Page with Matt Castles and Samuel Roberts two game mag vets. They cover everything from old games to new and often do retrospectives on magazines, game series and all things gamey. Start with some of the magazine specials if you want to go back a bit, it’s only a year old so not been going ages.

IGN UK is a bit like the football ramble but for games and I enjoy it but might not to be all tatses. It’s very UKFF in content though with some episodes being dedicated to snacks more than games.

Giant Bomb is great for the older listener.

• Paid Members

If you’re a PlayStation player Sacred Symbols is fantastic. It’s hosted by Colin Moriarty who used to be IGN editor and co founder of Kinda Funny. It’s the biggest gaming podcast on Patreon I believe which is pretty impressive (you don’t need Patreon to listen to the main show)

• Paid Members

I don't get around to listening to podcasts as much as I used to, but I'll be making time for this:

https://the-always-sunny-podcast.simplecast.com/?utm_source=podnews.net&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=podcast-page

The gang are rewatching and commentating on every single episode. I expect Dee to nose her way in too, the bitch.

1 hour ago, waters44 said:

If you’re a PlayStation player Sacred Symbols is fantastic. It’s hosted by Colin Moriarty who used to be IGN editor and co founder of Kinda Funny. It’s the biggest gaming podcast on Patreon I believe which is pretty impressive (you don’t need Patreon to listen to the main show)

That guys a mystery to me. Beloved by every gaming edge lord on Twitter yet I’ve never heard him say anything overly controversial. Even his shit joke that brought him all that heat in the first place was pretty tame. Seems like he got a taste of that Jordan Peterson style heat/support and rode it all the way to the bank.