Standup Comedy

iamthedoctor

It's not quite the same but someone keeps re-uploading both AYDG? and Astrological Experiment on YouTube. They do get taken down a lot which is annoying. I believe at some point you could have got them on his website but you can't now. Not sure if I dreamt that last bit mind.

Saw Russell Brand's latest show Messiah Complex last week. It was good, but my least favourite of his gigs that I've been to. A lot of it was treading over old ground of his narcissism and whoring, and there was way more lazy political stuff than I remember his act having before (the Daily Mail's evil! A leader should look like Che Guevarra, not David Cameron!). It's only the annoying negatives that have stuck with me, there was stuff in there that absolutely cracked me up.

• Paid Members
It's not quite the same but someone keeps re-uploading both AYDG? and Astrological Experiment on YouTube. They do get taken down a lot which is annoying. I believe at some point you could have got them on his website but you can't now. Not sure if I dreamt that last bit mind.

I don't think you did dream it. I could swear I got the Are You Dave Gorman? DVD off his site a few years ago. Think it was around

Edited by wandshogun09

If anyone gets the chance to see Ian D Montford live then it is definitely worth it. I saw him do all 3 of his characters in one night at a small venue on Saturday night and I have to say hes one of the best live comics I have seen and the whole fake medium things is so well done.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm off to see Mark Thomas on Monday, and Ed Byrne on December 3rd. I've seen Ed Byrne a few times and always really enjoyed it, but its my first time seeing Mark Thomas so hopefully it will be good. It's been ages since I've been to watch any stand up, the last time was about a year ago in fact, I used to go regularly.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

Rumours abound that Jongleurs is about to go under. They're putting loads of tickets on Groupon & such sites at the moment so if you've got one in your area & want a cheap night out I'd be amazed if they're still going after Christmas. The general suffering of the circuit has meant they're still managing to get some really good acts playing for them. A cheap ticket for Leeds this week gets you a bill containing John Moloney & Paul McCaffrey.

• 2 years later...
  • Paid Members

Has anyone caught Dave Chappelle's new specials on Netflix yet?

Just watched The Age Of Spin and it was absolutely terrific. Really challenging on the subject of Bill Cosby especially. Not as laugh-out-loud funny as his earlier specials but it's still some show. Might watch the other one later.

• Paid Members

We are getting three more specials on top of these, aren't we? I assumed these were on top of the deal he signed with Netflix rather than two of the three specials he signed to do with them.