Standup Comedy

iamthedoctor

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

After talking about wanting to get back on the horse and watch some live comedy a couple of weeks ago, the Peterborough Comedy Festival has just been announced.

My excitement was fairly short lived though, as Zoe Lyons was announced the headliner. I know female comics get a bad rap generally, but in this case it

• Paid Members
Also performing are Josh Widdicombe, Terry Alderton, Seann Walsh, Jarred Christmas, Boothby Graffoe and Justin Moorehouse.

All top acts IMO. Obviously depends how much they're charging? I believe Terry Alderton holds the record for the most encores ever received at The Comedy Store, to the point where he only now gets booked to close there as they deem it unfair for other acts to follow him.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Watched a fair bit of standup lately:-

* Jim Gaffigan - really like this guy. Pretty much only talks about McDonalds and doing impressions of people criticising him but he is really funny. Looking forward to more from him.

* Louis CK - his new show is about as good as the rest of his stuff, by which I mean pretty good. He's consistent but he's never done a truly great show and possibly never will.

* Daniel Tosh - about as funny as being raped.

* Russell Peters - one of the dullest, laziest, shittiest comedians I've ever seen. Yeah, let's have some more pointing at Indians in the audience. Fuck off.

* Bill Burr - meh. Rant, rave, occasional funny gag, rant, rave, repeat and rinse.

* Larry The Cable Guy - fuck off.

* Bill Engvall - ditto.

• Paid Members

I don't think Peter Kay is funny. I never fucking have, and everyone I've ever said that to has reacted unfavourably and admonished me for even having the nerve to say such a thing.

The one time I actually cried laughing at a gig was at Dylan Moran's Monster tour in 2004, I think the year was. I usually hate Irish comedians, but that was fucking brilliant.

Am going to see Izzard on Sunday. I'm not arsed either way, but hopefully he delivers.

• Paid Members
Bill Burr - meh. Rant, rave, occasional funny gag, rant, rave, repeat and rinse.

:omg: I've watched all 3 of his specials that are on Netflix multiple times. LOVE Bill Burr.

He was okay but I didn't really see what was special about him.

Plus this was really annoying - "A'RIGHT? A'RIGHT?! A'RIGHT?!"