It Begins - Vignette

KingOfMetal

• Paid Members

Probably. What we could do with is Goldie returning and letting us know that he was behind GTV, he was the RAW General Manager, and he drove the infamous white Hummer.

Having said that, other than orchestrate Sting getting attacked by dogs, I can't remember what else the mysterious driver was responsible for.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On a more serious note has anyone else noticed that the words being said the start are an Old Testament bible quote.

Reverand D-Von with Bastisa then? :thumbsup:

I had considered the possibility, that said I also considered 1/2/12 to be the 1 2 3 Kid but someone beat me to it :(

Funny to mention that but Sean Waltman got added to the WWE Alumi section recently and tweeted in a "I wonder what that means ;) " style!

• Paid Members
Probably. What we could do with is Goldie returning and letting us know that he was behind GTV, he was the RAW General Manager, and he drove the infamous white Hummer.

Having said that, other than orchestrate Sting getting attacked by dogs, I can't remember what else the mysterious driver was responsible for.

That was Carmen Electra.

• Paid Members

It all makes sense, leading to the WWE debut of:

UPC4E_wJe3iU4.jpg

Or Preachdust from 1998.

I can't believe someone said they hope Batista comes back. He's been slagged rotten on here despite his 5 star Cena feud 18 months ago.

Fit Finlay I say.

Finlay was fine for wrestling in German tents in the early nineties and World of Sport borefests before that, and he was decent enough in a hardcore division, but he's absolutely terrible for mainstream wrestling in 2012. And WWE wouldn't bother putting viral videos up with Finlay being the big surprise. It'd be more of a letdown than if it was the return of Palmer Cannon. Batista was rubbish for ages as well, like, but the last eight months or so of his WWE run eclipsed anything Finlay's ever dreamed of doing.

The finlay remark was sarcasm by the way...

I can't believe someone said they hope Batista comes back. He's been slagged rotten on here despite his 5 star Cena feud 18 months ago.

Fit Finlay I say.

Finlay was fine for wrestling in German tents in the early nineties and World of Sport borefests before that, and he was decent enough in a hardcore division, but he's absolutely terrible for mainstream wrestling in 2012. And WWE wouldn't bother putting viral videos up with Finlay being the big surprise. It'd be more of a letdown than if it was the return of Palmer Cannon. Batista was rubbish for ages as well, like, but the last eight months or so of his WWE run eclipsed anything Finlay's ever dreamed of doing.

I think anyone that isn't a complete bellend got that.

Giant Haystacks I say.

• Paid Members

Fit Finlay I say.

I think anyone that isn't a complete bellend got that.

That's not very nice, Mo.

Or GTV for that matter.

Wasn't that going to be Goldust?

Tom Green was going to be brought in to be the man behind GTV, by all accounts.

But when it started I remember rumours of it being Goldust, which is very likely considering it was originally GDTV.

The thing is we'll never be able to say definitively who it was, after all creative probably had dozens of alternate plans for it.

• Paid Members

He's the quote. The original plan was Goldust apparently, then changed (I assume because Goldie had left WWF in mid-99).

"Originally, GTV was to have been the harbinger of the return of Goldust . We then had some problems with USA Network over bringing the character back, as they felt he was a bit too controversial for them so we then opened up our thinking to figure out who else it could have been. One possibility we kicked around: At the time, Tom Green was very hot on MTV, and we were trying to see if we could bring him in to stir up a bit of more mainstream publicity, but that never worked out. On the bright side, the angle was abandoned before we were able to go through the list of talents with a 'G' in their name before we got to The Gobbledygooker."

I dont understand this though? Goldust had been on WWF TV for about 12 months, as the Goldust character. Also the USA Network didn't seem to give a fuck about anything at the time. Why would they be bothered about Goldust returning, when he'd been a regular and there were far more controversial things on Raw at the time?

It would make sense if it was Jericho, taking back what is his. Meaning "The best in the world" status from WWE Champion CM Punk.

Christ, it is like Sting all over again.

Why would the vignette be in the style of a creepy horror film? Jericho is about flash, this doesn't fit his character at all.

They would make it creepy so people thought it was Taker, they could then surprise everyone with Jericho.

That idea is incredibly retarded.Why would you make vignettes promoting someone, making it really obvious who it is and then have it be someone else? IT makes quite literally no promotional sense

I can't believe everybody is going down the same conspiracy theory route as last year. When they blatantly show a video of Taker's chin everybody will be going "They WANT us to think it's Taker but it's still the obviously the return of Kamala, he's going to try and get another foot on the ladder towards the belt" or some such bollocks. Actually, I'm not surprised- these are the type of folk who will be first in line with their bank details in hand when 1PW re-opens for business.

• Paid Members
I dont understand this though? Goldust had been on WWF TV for about 12 months, as the Goldust character. Also the USA Network didn't seem to give a fuck about anything at the time. Why would they be bothered about Goldust returning, when he'd been a regular and there were far more controversial things on Raw at the time?

I think this is them trying to save face and instead of saying "we spent months building to reveal Goldust, only for him to fuck off to the competition and ruin our original plans", they put out this company line.

• Paid Members

Undertakers coming back, and his match has already been decided. Meltzer said the match is HUGE. He also said Steve Austin isn't coming back, so thats ruled that out. Any idea what the match is? Could this "huge" match be his retirement? What other opponents are there to make this match supposedly "huge"? Orton's been done. Punk's been done. Mark Henry's been done. Sheamus isnt a "huge" opponent for him. Cena and Rock are busy. Triple H vs Undertaker in a retirement match would be pretty fucking massive. Especially with whos involved. They pretty much are the WWE to some people.

Imagine how massive Mania would be? If you were a passing fan and heard Rock is wrestling Cena for the WWE belt and Undertaker and Triple H are wrestling for their careers, how could it not smash WrestleMania 17's domestic record? I'd even buy this.

Archived