It Begins - Vignette

KingOfMetal

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be fake, but have found an extended version of the video, with an extra two parts tacked onto the end. These two extra bits seem to scream that it is not Taker, but...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Chris Jericho. A slowed-down voice says the words 'I am the best in the world at what I do', there is a countdown like in his entrance video, and the word JERICHO flashes on screen for a milisecond.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWbeeayJeI8

So, what you think? Real or fake? If it is fake it's very well put together. The only video on the official WWE site is the one from last week. Interesting.

So, what you think? Real or fake? If it is fake it's very well put together. The only video on the official WWE site is the one from last week. Interesting.

They're definately very well put together, particularly the middle one which I think wouldn't be out of place as a WWE teaser. The third one does look a bit home made and doesn't really fit the theme of the original video so that one screams fake.

On a sidenote I overheard some cretin say that the first video MUST be Jericho because when the kid says "Take back what is rightfully his" the whispery, windy voice sounds like Jeerrriicchoooooooooooooo :laugh:

• Paid Members

Obviously, the original video screams Undertaker. Initially i thought how could anyone possibly think that could in any way be Jericho but, actually there is a bit of scope for it to be Y2J. These may seem tenuous links but, the whole 'end of the world as we know it' is the link that could lead people to think Y2J. Jericho loves his 'Countdown to the Millenium' debut and doing the crytic clues shit when he returns. The Y2J thing was originally a play on the Y2K problem and the belief that the world would end. 2012 some people also believe will mark 'the end of the world as we know it'. It wouldn't surprise me if Jericho pitched such an idea as a homage/link to his original WWE debut.

Now, i don't think for a moment it actually is Jericho. I'm y'know...just saying is all.

More than likely to be Taker.

But as a real outside choice, I'd love it to be Skip Sheffield. When he comes back hes meant to be going back to his old OVW/FCW gimmick under the name Ryback (which WWE copyrighted afew months ago), in which his character is pretty much The Terminator and billed from 'The Future'.

The future bit would play into the whole "come back for whats rightfully his" thing, also the use of a playground and "end of the World as we know it" just remind me of Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

Wishful thinking on my part of what I would like it to be, not what I actually believe it to be.

I haven't heard much about Sheffield lately, is he cleared to come back. the guy looked awesome during the initial nexus run and he was quite enjoyable on NXT. It does seem a bit of a long shot, but like i said before it would be nice to see them put this kind of effort into someone who isnt an established name.

The only thing that makes me doubt for even a second that is Taker is the static in the Twitter display...seems a bit techy for the Deadman to be covertly sending url's.

• Paid Members
I haven't heard much about Sheffield lately, is he cleared to come back. the guy looked awesome during the initial nexus run and he was quite enjoyable on NXT. It does seem a bit of a long shot, but like i said before it would be nice to see them put this kind of effort into someone who isnt an established name.

The only thing that makes me doubt for even a second that is Taker is the static in the Twitter display...seems a bit techy for the Deadman to be covertly sending url's.

Yeah that seems very Jericho to me more so when he came back the 2nd time. Thing is Jericho has done a good job of changing his gimmick over time and has stayed fresh, but the date and the hacking seems very Y2J'ish.

Archived