It Begins - Vignette

KingOfMetal

I don't think MMA and pro wrestling are as unrelated as Eastenders and pro wrestling, especially when MMA has a former WWE Champion. It really shouldn't have been mentioned at all, there's no way to write anything on the subject that wouldn't give it away. Saying "Warning UFC 141 Spoilers" gives away that I'm talking about Brock Lesnar and implies that something occured at the event which could potentially make him eligible to turn up on Raw. So, I'm sorry to anyone I pissed off, I should have kept that far fetched idea to myself.

Of course, if I turn out to be right, I'll be back here to crow about it. ;) I jest, I jest.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've decided to forgive you all and would consider throwing your ball Back over the wall. I'm sure your all very glad.

Anyway, it's all good, but yeah, finding out ufc spoilers in a wwe video package thread (the non spoiler tagged at least) took the piss a bit.

I know I should have stayed asleep and put my fingers in my ears for 3 days, I opted for staying away from Facebook, general sports pages and mma threads, and assumed that the non spoiler rules in this forum would have been abided by. I've never had bother with it on here before you see, people tend to be pretty good in general.

But if some of you who think it should be allowed (ufc spoilers in wwe thread), might be worth you staying away from ufc/tna/Japanese/favourite photoshopped image/smelliest wrestler/ten tapes for

• Paid Members
isnt it quite likely brock lesnar would be discussed in this thread. you cant expect people to not mention him because it might upset ufc fans.

That seems to be the case. Didn't realise it was seeing as there's a specific ufc thread and also the forums rules on spoilers. Brock was mentioned early on in the thread, before the ufc ppv which was fair enough, just didn't obviously realise people would talk about the ufc results after the event and not use spoiler tags.

Anyway, doesn't matter anymore.

We will find out who it is soon, can't wait.

isnt it quite likely brock lesnar would be discussed in this thread. you cant expect people to not mention him because it might upset ufc fans.

That seems to be the case. Didn't realise it was seeing as there's a specific ufc thread and also the forums rules on spoilers. Brock was mentioned early on in the thread, before the ufc ppv which was fair enough, just didn't obviously realise people would talk about the ufc results after the event and not use spoiler tags.

Anyway, doesn't matter anymore.

We will find out who it is soon, can't wait.

Obviously they are going to though. Yes they should use spoiler tags, but if you don't want this revelation to be ruined then you wouldn't click on anything marked spoiler anyway. If you don't want to know anything about the UFC result, why chance it, especially in a thread where there's a high chance Brock Lesnar will be mentioned. If it wasn't marked spoiler then yes, moan, but if it was and you clicked it, you have yourself to blame. Obviously someone was going to talk about him here after what happened Saturday.

• Paid Members

I agree dart and yes what I read was not in spoiler tags, hence the moan. In fairness I've bored myself now, you know how these things go, someone says anything, retort required, difficult to drop.

No worries Shane 'o.

At least we all know after the ufc results and the spoilers in here, one thing looks certain, Dan Severn is coming back to the wwe.

Interestingly, the main story on PWTorch is saying essentially the same thing I was. Even I think that's going a little far for a reputable site to say, guess we'll see in an hour or so.

Weeks of hype through mysterious videos on WWE television culminates tonight with a reveal of who is behind the videos. Is it Chris Jericho, who has denied it on the Internet, but once said if he ever did return to WWE he'd deny it until he showed up to preserve the surprise. Could it be Brock Lesnar, who retired from UFC on Friday after losing? Remember, Dana White and Vince McMahon met in person last year. They said it was small talk, but could it have been working out a deal for Lesnar to return for a WrestleMania match?

Archived