It Begins - Vignette

KingOfMetal

• Paid Members
Undertakers coming back, and his match has already been decided. Meltzer said the match is HUGE. He also said Steve Austin isn't coming back, so thats ruled that out. Any idea what the match is? Could this "huge" match be his retirement? What other opponents are there to make this match supposedly "huge"? Orton's been done. Punk's been done. Mark Henry's been done. Sheamus isnt a "huge" opponent for him. Cena and Rock are busy. Triple H vs Undertaker in a retirement match would be pretty fucking massive. Especially with whos involved. They pretty much are the WWE to some people.

The genius of that match up is either man can lose, given where they are at this stage of their career. I can't see Triple H getting pinned three times by 'Taker at 'Mania though. Seeing as 'Taker is coming back in January (quite early for 'Mania/'Taker), this is surely his last run?

Not that I'm arsed. IMO 'Taker is so played out these days. He deserves a MASSIVE send off though.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Meltzer "knows" something which is going to happen, does he always tease like this? Because this sounds like something the old Informer articles in WWF Magazine would say. Or indeed Wicked Whispers in the Mirror.

If it does happen however I would love to see it being Lesnar.

• Paid Members

Thats the thing for me. The balance would completely shift, because its unthinkable that Triple H will never wrestle again (not that he has to retire forever, but you know ...), so there would be a big threat of that streak ending this year. I hope they go with this.

When Meltzer "knows" something which is going to happen, does he always tease like this?

Meltzer never said anything about it. He just said the match at WrestleMania for the Undertaker is already known by everyone in WWE. He never said what it was, because people would start getting the sack if he did. Alvarez and Storm were talking about the Undertaker vs Triple H being a career vs career match. Looking at who's available, it has to be a stipulation match because there's no opponents knocking about that would make a Undertaker match especially "huge".

EDIT: actually ... BOSS MAN!!! Revenge for the time he hanged him from the cell.

Stabin the dark but with the masked Kane promos airing would a huge match be taker vs masked Jane, nostalgic as it comes and could be the end to both careers. Give Kane a few months as te big red machine then at mania have him clash for the last time ever with taker in a possible career match. And the beauty of it is they could go to a double countout or such so the streak remains in tact.

Stabin the dark but with the masked Kane promos airing would a huge match be taker vs masked Jane, nostalgic as it comes and could be the end to both careers. Give Kane a few months as te big red machine then at mania have him clash for the last time ever with taker in a possible career match. And the beauty of it is they could go to a double countout or such so the streak remains in tact.

Masked Jane sounds amazing

Wasn't there talk of a possible Foley/Taker mania match?

If there was, i can imagine it died when Foley turned up looking as fat as ever! They'd probably need every short-cut in the book to make the match good, but they probably could do it. Foley would need to find his form again, as he was very hit and miss in TNA (mostly miss, for me).

• Paid Members

Mick Foley?

Love to see Foley V Taker one more time. I know Foley says he always wanted a Wrestlemania moment and he said he got it with Edge but you know Taker V Foley would Spot after spot which is all you really want.

Argh Fuck off Eddie.

Mick Foley?

Love to see Foley V Taker one more time. I know Foley says he always wanted a Wrestlemania moment and he said he got it with Edge but you know Taker V Foley would Spot after spot which is all you really want.

Argh Fuck off Eddie.

Stealing my shit are we? Shame on you!

• Paid Members
Not that I'm arsed. IMO 'Taker is so played out these days.

Fuck off. You were jumping up and down in his match with Hunter just like the rest of us were.

When Meltzer "knows" something which is going to happen, does he always tease like this?

You'd be surprised how often Meltzer "knows" something, it turns out to be bollocks.

Kane v Undertaker is up there with Orton v Cena in matches I never wish to watch again. Their last set of matches were well below WWEs 'main event' standards too.

It wasn't just the matches, it was the storyline too. It was the fact that "well, they've had their ups and downs, but in the end, Kane's a bastard and he turns on his brother causing him to get buried" is a storyline they ran at Survivors 2003, and rehashed it again. Some people should never be booked as mates again after the stuff that has come before.

1997 : Kane debuts as Undertaker's "evil brother" / mortal enemy.

Autumn '98 : Undertaker & Kane mates.

Umm, later Autumn '98 : Undertaker & Kane fall out, ostensibly over the belt, but also over Paul Bearer.

May 2000 : Undertaker returns and the two are OK because of mutual enemies.

Summer 2000 : Kane turns on Undertaker.

Spring 2001 : Undertaker and Kane renunite, I forget why. Presumably because both are faces, so it's convenient.

Survivors 2003 : Kane turns on Undertaker, leading to their match at Mania XX.

Late 2004 : Air Raid hears rumours of Taker/Kane v Snitsky/Heidenreich at 'Mania XXI and considers suicide.

Late '06 : Undertaker & Kane mates again, feud with Kennedy & MVP.

BOTH DO LOTS OF OTHERSTUFF in the middle. Kane turns about five times to diminishing returns.

Summer '10 : Tedious "who attacked Undertaker" storyline. It was Kane. No-one shocked. Why would we be? Kane turns on Undertaker all the time.

Wasn't there talk of a possible Foley/Taker mania match?

This is the first I heard of such a match. Hopefully, the last.

• Paid Members
Not that I'm arsed. IMO 'Taker is so played out these days.

Fuck off. You were jumping up and down in his match with Hunter just like the rest of us were.

Yeah but it still doesn't mean I don't find his schtick dull these days. Like Ian said, the Streak has everything to do with who he's in there with. The last few years he's had Shawn Michaels and Triple H after it, two men who are easy to invest in.

Archived