Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

If anyone's interested Extreme Sports (Sky 419) is showing Fighting Spirit Wrestling which features matches from AAA, CMLL & New Japan. It's shown quite a few times each day and think it's like up to episode 3 now. Alex Shane & Dave Bradshaw are the announcers (who are over dubbing the original commentary) but it's still worth a watch, yesterday had two good NJPW matches including Tenzan vs Nakamura & Tanahashi vs Anderson (of the Bullet Club). 

Already being discussed: https://ukff.com/topic/131365-random-thoughts-thread-v2-no-news-items/?p=2955254

Just witnessed the bizarre sight of Chris Hero on Nothing to declare on Pick, he needed an Entertainment Visa rather than tourist, it was Chaos!! Waiting 4 hours for a decision and without any food!!

Good of him to perform for free for that "old friend" of his, wasn't it?

If anyone's interested Extreme Sports (Sky 419) is showing Fighting Spirit Wrestling which features matches from AAA, CMLL & New Japan. It's shown quite a few times each day and think it's like up to episode 3 now. Alex Shane & Dave Bradshaw are the announcers (who are over dubbing the original commentary) but it's still worth a watch, yesterday had two good NJPW matches including Tenzan vs Nakamura & Tanahashi vs Anderson (of the Bullet Club). 

Sweet! I'll check that 

• Paid Members

From pw.net review of WWE's third quarter conference call on TV ratings

A caller finally brought up television ratings! Barrios said they don't just think about one metric, they think about all of them together. He said that when you put them all together they are bigger and more engaging with their product than ever before. He conceded that you don't want to drop and they are working to change that. He said he thinks the content is great. He said he thinks they are doing well compared to everyone else. Barrios said the ratings for WWE programming is significantly better than the overall USA Network and Syfy ratings.[A caller finally brought up television ratings! Barrios said they don't just think about one metric, they think about all of them together. He said that when you put them all together they are bigger and more engaging with their product than ever before. He conceded that you don't want to drop and they are working to change that. He said he thinks the content is great. He said he thinks they are doing well compared to everyone else. Barrios said the ratings for WWE programming is significantly better than the overall USA Network and Syfy ratings.

Edited by tiger_rick

Goldberg going from half a million in 1998 to over $5 million in 1999 was the thing that caught my attention the most when looking through the WCW payroll a while back. Now that's impressive! Once he exploded and signed a new contract Goldberg was raking it in just as much as Hogan wasn't he? Sweet deal!

No coincidence apparently. Bischoff said on Flairs podcast that as Hogan and Goldberg shared the same agent, he got the same deal for Hulk as for Goldberg. Apparently Outsiders never had a favoured nations

• Paid Members

1.2m is a really strong number for them, especially for this time of the year, when interest is generally low. In the Network's early months I remember thinking that they would struggle to ever hit that one million number that they were publicly aiming for. Over $12m dollars coming in every month from the Network puts Del Rio's contract into some perspective.

1.2m is a really strong number for them, especially for this time of the year, when interest is generally low. In the Network's early months I remember thinking that they would struggle to ever hit that one million number that they were publicly aiming for. Over $12m dollars coming in every month from the Network puts Del Rio's contract into some perspective.

One thing they've swept under the carpet is that it was 1,000,000 DOMESTIC users. Apparently they havn't hit that number yet domestically, though are close.

I still think it's a great accomplishment, but the fact they conveniently ignore the original goal is humorous to me. 

One thing they've swept under the carpet is that it was 1,000,000 DOMESTIC users. Apparently they havn't hit that number yet domestically, though are close.

I still think it's a great accomplishment, but the fact they conveniently ignore the original goal is humorous to me. 

A company isn't going to publicly celebrate it's failings.