Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Some people have had heart attacks after taking a big splash for some reason too. Big Daddy splashed somebody (King Kong Kirk?) and a chain reaction of things led to cause his death.

Not quite that - the reports were that Kirk had a pre-existing heart condition, and Daddy's splash was just one of the catalysts that set it off.

Following what Butchi said about Ox Baker, I looked it up - fascinating stuff. Seems that the heart punch wasn't directly responsible for those deaths, but they worked the deaths into his gimmick by claiming it was the punch responsible. Wrestling at its peak of carny bad taste, very intriguing.

Edited by Carbomb

• Moderators

Following what Butchi said about Ox Baker, I looked it up - fascinating stuff. Seems that the heart punch wasn't directly responsible for those deaths, but they worked the deaths into his gimmick by claiming it was the punch responsible. Wrestling at its peak of carny bad taste, very intriguing.

Hence "Apocrypha aside". 

• Paid Members

Hence "Apocrypha aside". 

I know, that's why I looked it up - I wanted to know the details of said apocrypha.

The USA Network is doing another Xmas week of WWE Programming again.

Raw Live Mon 15th Dec

Smackdown Live Tue 16th Dec

Tribute to the Troops Wed 17th Dec (The full 2 hour version)

Also WWE programme blocks from 11am - 3pm from Monday to Friday that week. Featuring interviews with various WWE Superstars and Divas.

But us UK fans will have to download the 2hr Tribute to the Troops because Sky only air the NBC 1hr cut.

The USA Network is doing another Xmas week of WWE Programming again.

Raw Live Mon 15th Dec

Smackdown Live Tue 16th Dec

Tribute to the Troops Wed 17th Dec (The full 2 hour version)

Also WWE programme blocks from 11am - 3pm from Monday to Friday that week. Featuring interviews with various WWE Superstars and Divas.

But us UK fans will have to download the 2hr Tribute to the Troops because Sky only air the NBC 1hr cut.

Unless the Tribute ends up on the network. The 05 & 06 shows are on there now, so can only assume others will be added shortly.

At least with the condensed version they'll probably cut those two random era from Night of Champions who were stocked to be doing "the troops tribute thing"

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Two reactions:

1. If he does that move one more time in his career he's the biggest prick in wrestling

2. He probably won't stop until he's crippled someone, so then he'll spend the rest of his life praying for his victim

• Paid Members

He's lost his balance going for Kojima's arms by the looks of it. Again, I dont see it as Styles fault. But by the same token, if a load of people die walking down the same street where a safe falls on someones head, its probably best not to go down that street.

The Styles Clash has such a reputation, he really should make it one of those special occassion moves where when he hits it, its a injury angle. Like Owen Hart's piledriver. Styles has a million other finishers. The Bloody Sunday, the Calf Slicer and all those others he has would do.

Jesus Christ, so that's twice in a couple of weeks now? I'm not making out that Styles is dangerous or anything but just drop the dam thing. Kazarian. Keenan, Lionheart, Tatsu and Kojima. 5 people who've been seriously hurt taking that move. I'm saying it's one persons fault over the other and obviously pro-wrestling is a risk whenever you go to the ring, but he needs to have a serious think before he uses it again