Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Just seen the WWE results from the show in Charlotte yesterday. R-Truth beat Cesaro. Fucking hell. I know it's common practice to have a hometown wrestler go over in their town but against Cesaro? What a waste.

On a separate note to the valid points made by the other posters in response to this, this was a house show, right? So who the hell cares?? It doesn't matter one iota. And in a match that doesn't matter, you put the hometown babyface over.

Let him beat Justin Gabriel or something then!

- As noted, WWE recently added The Undertaker to WrestleMania 31 promotional material, including a newly painted tour bus.

The current plan is for Taker to face Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania 31. That is still dependent on Taker telling WWE he will be working the show but he has not done so as of this week.

Even if Taker doesn’t wrestle, the idea is to use him in some form at WrestleMania because he’s still under contract with a seven figure guarantee.

Source: Wrestling Observer

R-Truth smoking a ciggy on RAW is better than anything Cesaro will probably do, Truth was easily one of the most entertaining characters in wrestling around that time.

That brief R-Truth run is one of the most underrated in wrestling history. He was excellent.

• Paid Members

No idea. I went back and checked to make sure I hadn't misread...

WWE has applied for trademarks for the following terms, “AWA American Wrestling Association,” “Beyond the Ring,” “Crush Couture” (sounds like a new name for a wrestler or a movie character), “Crush Wear” (seemingly this new wrestler they have heavy merchandising hopes for), “NXT,” “Skull King,” MizDow,” “Total Divas” and “Shelton Benjamin.”

That news is at least 4 days old anyway, but PWInsider said "WWE filed a notice of cancellation that they were no longer claiming ownership on 11/14."

I dunno exactly what that means, but I assume it's PWInsider's way of saying there's nothing in that story.

Edited by The Dart