Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

The Styles Clash is a great finisher - you're slamming your opponent face first into the mat, and taking their arms out so they can't minimise the impact. Then you can roll them straight into a pin. It definitely helped that McCool was taller - AJ is a tad short for it sometimes.

Slamming their face into the floor, from about a foot high at best. There's not even any of their body weight going down onto their face unless it's botched. You also risk nutting the floor from standing, which would hurt a lot more. If you want to really get into it a good finisher would land an opponent on their back so there is no need to even turn them over.

When you think about it, the Styles Clash works in the same way as a Pedigree. Except is harder, looks worse and can be dangerous

If AJ doesn't do the manoeuvre there's no risk of other guys getting injured from it. Simples.

Ban every wrestling manoeuvre and there’s no risk of injury at all then. Simples.

You make so little sense, I wonder if you're being deliberately obtuse for the sake of it. It's a wonder why you do it, cause your catty comments usually come back to smack you in the face.

Unlike 'every wrestling manoeuvre' the Styles Clash has been going wrong and hurting people. End of. It's not a stupid suggestion that the move be retired, despite what rubbish you post.

• Paid Members

Stardust is now using a shit finish, I was happy with the CrossRhodes.

I quite like the move he's doing now, but what I like more is the fact that he's no longer doing CrossRhodes (which is one of my favourite moves, actually) because Stardust, in his head, is a totally different person. I don't think he does anything as Stardust that was in Cody Rhodes' arsenal, and that's great, IMO.

Didn't I see someone using The Stroke the other day?  In WWE I think.  It looked better than Jarrett's one.

The Miz? He's been using it for years. He won the WWE title with it years ago.

To be pedantic, that's not quite the same move - the full nelson set-up changes it, and improves it vastly IMO. Never liked The Stroke as performed by Jarrett, never looked even vaguely 'realistic' IMO.

Didn't I see someone using The Stroke the other day?  In WWE I think.  It looked better than Jarrett's one.

There's a guy in NXT uses it I think, but with more of a full body swing motion than just straight down

• Paid Members

Didn't I see someone using The Stroke the other day? In WWE I think. It looked better than Jarrett's one.

The Miz? He's been using it for years. He won the WWE title with it years ago.

To be pedantic, that's not quite the same move - the full nelson set-up changes it, and improves it vastly IMO. Never liked The Stroke as performed by Jarrett, never looked even vaguely 'realistic' IMO.

Jeff Jarrett never applied a full nelson for the move? I always thought he did for some reason.