Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

His character work is different class, he is so in tune with who he is and what he's trying to achieve. Is he ever going to have matches on the level of Omega etc, no he aint but he brings something NJPW and ROH in particular need very badly, the aforementioned personality and a certain charisma that can't be taught. I take my hat off to the guy, he must be killing it in merch and calling his own shots.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

PW Insider are reporting that Cruiserweight Tag Team Titles will be introduced shortly after Wrestlemania 

Wasn't someone claiming WWE were thinking of introducing women's tag team titles as well?

• Paid Members

Cody always struck me as like Dusty in that whatever gimmick they gave him he made the most of it. I remember a little spell where whenever Brandi was sticking videos of them both in Instagram they'd cut his head out and try to disguise his voice so as not to give away that he's Stardust, which for 2015-16 was some very interesting business. Wasn't there talk at one point of him wrestling as Stardust on Raw and as Cody Rhodes on Smackdown? I really enjoyed the Dashing and "Undashing" stuff he did.

Cody carries himself as a star in a way a lot of indie guys don’t. From his insistence on wearing suits most places, he has that look to him where people know he is a someone. Well done to Him

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

Trying to entice the Young Bucks :p

Oh yeah, a couple of shitty straps competed for a 30 minute show in front of a dead crowd that nobody cares about. That'll reel them in!!

I must say I was really impressed with Cody outside of the ring. I met him at a Ring Of Honor meet and greet last year while everyone was in the queue for the Young Bucks and rather being the generic 'sign - smile - move on - no questions' ex WWE guy, he actually seemed invested in the fans. He actually asked me a couple of questions, stood up the whole time and when I attempted to take a selfie he said something along the lines of 'hang on, let's get a proper picture' called someone over (as every other person in the venue was in that Bucks queue!) and really put the effort in. Made sure to shake my hand a couple of times before I left while asking another question or two and really left me with a positive impression. Took me by surprise and gained a lot of my respect for sure. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Coles84 said:

I must say I was really impressed with Cody outside of the ring. I met him at a Ring Of Honor meet and greet last year while everyone was in the queue for the Young Bucks and rather being the generic 'sign - smile - move on - no questions' ex WWE guy, he actually seemed invested in the fans. He actually asked me a couple of questions, stood up the whole time and when I attempted to take a selfie he said something along the lines of 'hang on, let's get a proper picture' called someone over (as every other person in the venue was in that Bucks queue!) and really put the effort in. Made sure to shake my hand a couple of times before I left while asking another question or two and really left me with a positive impression. Took me by surprise and gained a lot of my respect for sure. 

Was this at York Hall? Because I also had a fantastic experience with him during the meet and greet.