Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

God bless Eurosport. I remember watching a dubbed episode of TNA on the channel, and the English commentators spent about five minutes discussing (I think) Davey Richards and how his father was a painter/decorator.

That commentary was incredible as the bloke doing it had no clue about wrestling. Ā He called any strike an "elbow smash". Ā I remember once Jeff Hardy hit a swanton bomb and he commented "oh....its a spin and a drop!"

My eternally useless TV won't pick up Frontrunner. The channel number (Freeview 91) just doesn't exist, apparently. Even after retuning.

Had the same problem with Dave (the channel, not the bloke who sold me the telly) for a while now, and probably others that I've never tried to watch.

At least in the old days if your reception wasn't perfect you could still watch a grainy version of the show, while feeling like you had double vision. Nowadays with digital it's all or sodding nothing.

I have a similar problem with the BT Sport Freeview channel since it moved to 115. Just nothing there after numerous rescans.

I'll need to have a swatch later and see if I have this Frontrunner channel.

• Paid Members

Ah man, that's shite. He was a great guest, and a funny guy. I emailed him a few years ago to wish him well before he underwent surgery and he sent me back a lengthy, sweet response.Ā 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members

Chavo Guerrero Jr has done an interview with The i News, about working as the trainer for the new GLOW series. Nothing hugely revelatory, but an interesting read. No mention of Johnny Mundo/Morrison in the article, but he's in one of the pictures, so I imagine he had some involvement too, alongside Awesome Kong/Kharma (soundsĀ like she might be in the actual show too based on this article?)

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/culture/television/glow-netflix-wrestling-chavo-guerrero-interview/

• Paid Members

It's pretty cool that Chavo was involved in training, considering it was Mando Guerrero who trained the GLOW girls in the first place. From what I understand, Kong is in the series itself - I'd suspect Mundo probably is too, more likely that than him being in as a trainer, I'd have thought.

• Paid Members
On 6/18/2017 at 0:11 PM, RancidPunx said:

Sad news from F4W land.

Ā 

Buddy Wayne (who trained Bryan Alvarez and was a frequent guest on the early podcasts on that site) has passed away at the age of 50.

Ā 

Ā 

However much people hate Alvarez now, I really enjoyed those early shows and Buddy Wayne was a big part of that. Everything was spit and sawdust, the guests were largely nobodies, but it was really good fun. 'The road will own you' was as good a pithy one liner about wrestling as I have ever heard. Sad news, especially as he has quite young children from what I can recall.

Edited by Gus Mears