New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I might be a bit late to the dance, but has anybody seen the Mattel Masters Of The WWE Universe crossover stuff?

https://wrestlingtrader.co.uk/collections/wwe-masters-of-the-universe

https://www.walmart.com/col/Shop-the-Walmart-Exclusive-WWE-Masters-of-the-Universe-Collection/812360582

Yeah they have been around a while (think it maybe wave 4 or 5 now) but as far as I know there has been no UK release

• Paid Members

There's a Smash and Crush with only 1 mask on eBay with bids at £23 and 5 days left. There are people asking far more but that's not always a gauge.

There's someone asking £42 for an original mask on it's own. Again, hard to gauge it's actual value. Be careful too, you can get custom ones for a tenner so need to be sure they're original.

1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

Out of curiosity, how much would this lot be worth? 

spacer.png

Someone selling it on an auction site here for approx £100, which seems steep based on the last time I saw how much Hasbros were going for.

£100 may be a little bit of a stretch, Demolition there with Crush and the original masks go for a decent amount loose, I probably would have split this lot and sold those separately.

I think generally though interest in the Hasbro line has shot up dramatically in the past couple of years.  I've currently got my green card Crush MOC listed on eBay and he's currently at £520 with several days to go.  I had the no idea that Hasbro's carded had shot up in this sort of value, I went through a stage of re-buying as many moc Hasbro figures around twenty years ago in the early days of eBay and they now seem to be fetching five fold the price compared to then.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

spacer.png

Someone selling it on an auction site here for approx £100, which seems steep based on the last time I saw how much Hasbros were going for.

All depends on quality really mate. The less battered the better. 
eBay completed listings should give you a rough idea. The accessories are worth more than individual figures. As mentioned above, you’ll likely get £20-£30 for the pair of demolition helmets. Approx £15 for Honky with guitar. Approx £3-£10 each on the figs if sold separately and I’d say for everything there as a bulk lot I’d say you’ll probs get £70-£80 on a good day. Saying that, I don’t bother with eBay anymore. The fees take the piss and too many con artists now. There’s been one too many times a seller sends a figure and then the buyer claims it’s broken so wants a refund. They send a broken Hasbro figure back but it’s not necessarily the one they were sent. Same wrestler, but a broken one they simply wanted to swap out for a working condition version. 

I’d suggest linking in with a Hasbro group I’m part of on twitter called HWO. Super friendly & helpful group made up of approx 20 serious collectors, if none of them are interested in any of your figures they’ll spread the word on their main page.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hWoOfficialPage

6 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

spacer.png

Anywhere between £80 - £100 is about right IMO. A set of the three Demos (minus helmets) went for £50 two days ago. Honky with guitar is around a £12-£15 figure and the rest are about £5 each (maybe a few quid more for Warrior, Snuka and the Natural Disasters). It may be slightly less desirable only having one Bushwhacker / Rocker though.

Like with anything though it's all down to the market that week. Ebay always has a load of Hasbros for sale, but some weeks there are more than others pushing prices down slightly. 

Other than Crush there's not any really rare figures in that lot, although what you do have is a bulk lot which is always a seller.

People collecting want the full set so buying bulk lots is the quickest and cheapest way often. £100 seems about spot-on (as long as P&P is too) but it only takes a couple of people who really want the full Demo set and helmets to push that price way over.

The one thing I will say though - Hasbros just seem to hold a good price and seem constantly popular.

Thanks for the advice, fellas!

I'm not really thinking about getting them or anything, was just curious because it was one of about three wrestling things on a Czech auction site. 

Professional wrestling/WWE has a very minimal presence in the country and I am definitely wondering what they're doing here and how they came up with the value but, as you say, it probably sounds about right all things considered. 

I'd also have a hard time selling them on since I'd have to post internationally and post-Brexit life has taught me that doing so would be a big, expensive headache. 

• Paid Members

Fun day for announcements.

ZST announce the have the rights to release a Dino Bravo in Hasbro style. 

D34240F6-4369-4DA5-B804-F9F75021093F.jpeg.bac91b82ec01643d58e6e2d59f2f794f.jpeg

Almost simultaneously, Chella Toys announce the have the rights to bring out a Dynamite Kid in Hasbro style.

C2BC446E-1D26-40D3-A250-8AF576CA0033.jpeg.3172e38b70f2d67b0fe411442f0a144f.jpeg

Class day for the independent small businesses. Obviously Kid had a JAKKS classic figure, so no need for a Figures Toy Company clone in RA style. I’m surprised they didn’t attempt to make a Dino Bravo though.