New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Cardona and crew recently announced their new line, based on Hasbro style figures, and will be somewhat competing with the new Chella Toys company (doing the same style).

Cardona and his designers have now announced including the design, of the first additional name, added to his and Myers line. 

edit - ZST is stating that it’s their own independent company, so there’s a bit of confusion regarding how much Cardona is involved. He is heavily promoting them though.

899CF067-7B2A-4093-8549-BF015843E928.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

17 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Cardona and crew recently announced their new line, based on Hasbro style figures, and will be somewhat competing with the new Chella Toys company (doing the same style).

Cardona and his designers have now announced including the design, of the first additional name, added to his and Myers line. 

edit - ZST is stating that it’s their own independent company, so there’s a bit of confusion regarding how much Cardona is involved. He is heavily promoting them though.

899CF067-7B2A-4093-8549-BF015843E928.jpeg

Didn't Matt confirm on the podcast this week they were a zombie sailor product and that they were just pushing them as they were a new "retros" style line that him Brian and Mark all love? He also spilled that they are designed by Ron rudat who designed the original Hasbro's which is quite cool.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Dan Williams said:

Didn't Matt confirm on the podcast this week they were a zombie sailor product and that they were just pushing them as they were a new "retros" style line that him Brian and Mark all love? He also spilled that they are designed by Ron rudat who designed the original Hasbro's which is quite cool.

Yeah Ron is indeed designing them which is mint. In regards to who is involved with what, I don’t believe much of what any of them say. I think it’s completely impossible to know if people are being worked the majority of the time. Less than a month ago a big toy trader cut a video kicking off at Matt saying he completely screwed him over. It was a 10 min video absolutely ripping Matt a new arsehole, incredibly graphic, calling Matt a fraud and incredibly sketchy based on some bad deals. Within 24 hours the video is deleted and a week later they’re promoting each other. So yeah, while I appreciate his status in the collecting community, I don’t but in to any of the craic when their aim is to make a lot of money.

I’ve also heard that Matt is now heavily involved in the American wrestle crate subscription. Rumours are that they’re getting Micro Brawlers made for an upcoming crate, but apparently insisted that the packaging was changed from standard, and that all packaging for all Micro Brawlers change from now on to a blister pack. The general feeling from those annoyed by the change is that it’ll likely end up with more expensive “limited run” versions amongst other things.

Basically, he’s nailed it in regards to business moves, and making money from the collectors scene (doing the same with trading cards too) but it fucks it up a bit for general collectors. He was also gifted a number of figures from manufacturers/PR deals, and then upsells them on eBay. I don’t think he denies it.

I will stress, It doesn’t bother me personally at all, however, I’m not a fan boy hanging on his every word, and I’m not one for believing what he says, because he’s naturally looking for ways to make quids. He’s managed to take the carny from wrestling and implement it in to other avenues. He’s done well.

I think both Matt and Bryan have been pretty open about what they are involved in. They have been pretty heavily involved in both theirs and the good brothers super 7 figures and there own ringside figures. They have said they did push for the packaging to be changed on the micro brawlers to make them more collector friendly and also pushed for limited runs to boost a collector market but have said that they encouraged Ryan at wrestle crate / pro wrestling tees to continue with normal non limited releases. Matt hasn't reinvent the wheel but he has seen how the market was for year old plus elites and other off the market and limited run figures and cards and realised that limited runs and one off products are much more collectable and has created a collectors market for his own goods. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Dan Williams said:

I think both Matt and Bryan have been pretty open about what they are involved in. They have been pretty heavily involved in both theirs and the good brothers super 7 figures and there own ringside figures. They have said they did push for the packaging to be changed on the micro brawlers to make them more collector friendly and also pushed for limited runs to boost a collector market but have said that they encouraged Ryan at wrestle crate / pro wrestling tees to continue with normal non limited releases. Matt hasn't reinvent the wheel but he has seen how the market was for year old plus elites and other off the market and limited run figures and cards and realised that limited runs and one off products are much more collectable and has created a collectors market for his own goods. 

Agree with all of that, apart from the first line. We’ll never really know apart from what they say out loud. And that’s fair enough. Whilst I do believe they’ve been open and honest for the most part, the fact that other established collectors and traders, with a sizeable following, have spoken up about Matt being a nightmare to trade with doesn’t sit well, especially when said feud goes away very quickly and they all magically start promoting each other. Again, I’m not saying it’s completely untoward, but it’s odd. 
Also, the whole issue of those never before seen (over 20 years since drawn) orange card proto sketches suddenly surfacing, followed later by both Doink & Lex resin figures from said series, and Matt bought the Doink, for $3k+, from a seller in China, with no proper back story when selling, who found them in a shipping container/warehouse. Hmm.

I’m not going to saying it was all complete bullshit, but it defo smells of farts and I’m still not convinced they are definitely legit. But hey, that’s me, I customised for a long time and had a lot of people wanting customs of mailaways. Very easy to make. Making resin hasbros from casts is a piece of piss too. 

So yeah, good for him and he’s making a great living out of it. There’s a few things that seem a bit off at times, and that’s enough for a number of collectors to be somewhat unconvinced. I like to give him the benefit of the doubt, I find him entertaining and admire his collection and hustle, but I won’t hang on his every word.

On 1/8/2021 at 1:02 PM, TibBo said:

I designed the card/logo for the Chella figures.  They came out really nice.

#great job they look so good. I have ordered the Blue Meanie and Nick ones missed the signed ones unfortunately away to pre-order the Ethan Page ones now but asked them if there might be signed ones of these to jump on instead.

Edited by james4293

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Fingers crossed for a Hayabusa figure to go with the Sabu Hasbro-like, I was looking at old Hayabusa figures recently and fuck off am I paying that much.

I’m bang up for that. I don’t think RVD is out of the equation either. Randomly, here’s a Hayabusa Hasbro I made for an order around 15 years ago.

BFE72ED5-B1DF-4E3E-9E85-7E9FD6B88875.jpeg

• Paid Members

I might be a bit late to the dance, but has anybody seen the Mattel Masters Of The WWE Universe crossover stuff?

https://wrestlingtrader.co.uk/collections/wwe-masters-of-the-universe

https://www.walmart.com/col/Shop-the-Walmart-Exclusive-WWE-Masters-of-the-Universe-Collection/812360582

Edited by jazzygeofferz