New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Im assuming you can put Orange Cassidy’s hands in his pockets, otherwise that’s a wasted opportunity 

They have! The pockets are open moulded to fit his hands in. They should concept of it a few weeks back. Jeremy Padower also showed a picture of a soft goods Orange Cassidy t-shirt and Jean jacket which they are hoping to put into production with the figure

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

People like Rocco and the Gobbeldy Gooker are such novelties that even though they are poison in real life, owning them would look good on the shelf.

It’s a fine line though isn’t it? My local Forbidden Planet has Terry Taylor figures out the arse from a decade ago.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

It’s a fine line though isn’t it? My local Forbidden Planet has Terry Taylor figures out the arse from a decade ago.

Must be something about Bill Watts old UWF. Terry Taylor and Dr Death will remain sitting there on shelves until the end of time.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Having not bought a wrestling figure since I walked into Woolworths to pick up The Bushwhackers (no, me neither), circa 1988, I’ve always felt a bit overwhelmed by the massive amount of series, editions, styles etc since things moved on from the Mattel days.

Do people really collect all the figures from all the different series? That’s not a sniffy question, I was just curious as it would seem to me that if you didn’t, your Stone Cold figure will look completely different to your Chris Jericho figure as they’re from a completely different releases.

I kind of liked it when it was simple and all the figures were clearly of the same parish.

Mattel have done the WWE figures for years and they're pretty good at keeping everyone in scale, they've done dozens of "legends" throughout their various lines, so except for a couple of people like Benoit and Owen you could have a collection of nearly every important wrestler or whoever you wanted in scale with each other. Within the Mattel range there's a couple of main lines, one is a bit more posable and expensive than the other but they all work with each other.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

People like Rocco and the Gobbeldy Gooker are such novelties that even though they are poison in real life, owning them would look good on the shelf.

I think Gobabledy Gooker was a Comic Con exclusive which would make sense. The Paul Ellering and Rocco are a build a figure. Which means there is a line of 6 figures, each contains a part to make them so you’d need to buy the 6 figures to make them

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, scratchdj said:

Having not bought a wrestling figure since I walked into Woolworths to pick up The Bushwhackers (no, me neither), circa 1988, I’ve always felt a bit overwhelmed by the massive amount of series, editions, styles etc since things moved on from the Mattel days.

Do people really collect all the figures from all the different series? That’s not a sniffy question, I was just curious as it would seem to me that if you didn’t, your Stone Cold figure will look completely different to your Chris Jericho figure as they’re from a completely different releases.

I kind of liked it when it was simple and all the figures were clearly of the same parish.

Na, well, some probs try to collect everything but it’s pointless. Mattel make limited runs of quite a few of them. Most are harder to pick up that the final green card hasbro series.
The U.K. gets terrible distribution so hardly any of those announced will make it over here, and the ones that do are usually scalped by people who know exactly which shops are getting certain figs in, then sell them online for triple the price. Likewise, most U.K. online stores are sold out within a day, due to scalpers buying 20 at a time to sell on eBay for triple the price. 
A lot of collectors have have specific collections, some will only collect legend style figures of characters from the 90’s, some will only collect the MOTU style figures etc. 
I picked up a few of the retro figures that came out as they based on the old 90’s Hasbro line, but it was impossible to collect them as we only got a 1/4 over here, of what was released in the states. Even now, less than a year later, some of those are fetching anywhere between £50-£250 each, absolute fucking insanity.

The toy manufacturers purposely dictate which figures they wish to make rare, by making chase figures, and limited edition, or store exclusives. Piss take for collectors but the market is clearly there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 8/9/2020 at 6:32 PM, Heatseeker said:

Hey quick question. Where do you get your figures from? We have a Smyths and an Entertainer local but their range is limited at best. Is there any good UK sites that are safe and I won't get ripped off from? Thanks. 

You can order stuff from the Smyths website and collect in store

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...