New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

So now we have 2 sets of great looking Lucha Bros figures, from 2 different companies & manufacturers, with vastly different price points.Ā 
AEW - priceĀ rumoured to beĀ $20 each:

55DF1AC6-0CBF-4494-9E48-E3E9848E3FEF.thumb.jpeg.c9807aed132b2541d76a609a1b4cde2e.jpegAnd the Legends of Lucha Libre - $38 each:

EB444867-2002-4B1E-BC4E-A26CF88B0A31.thumb.jpeg.1d12ed878962ea0995efe0c767cfec76.jpeg

Ā 

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I wonder if the Legends of Lucha figures were supposed to be Lucha Undergrounds line prior to them going tits up?

They only announced the first series about 6 months ago so I donā€™t think so.Ā 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I wonder if the Legends of Lucha figures were supposed to be Lucha Undergrounds line prior to them going tits up?

The craic is Masked Republic have the rights to release goods/Merch using the name and likeness of particular characters. Itā€™s pretty much exactly the same way Figures Toy Company doĀ business, agree a contract with a random wrestler not under contract and release merch.Ā They cover everything from clothing, board games and events, but only for Lucha themed wrestlers.Ā Proper figures are a new thing for them and they subcontracted Boss FightĀ Studio to make the figures.Ā 
Speaking of which, hereā€™s some concept art for some new lines they have in the works.

7A66CDF3-DE5D-44EE-9D58-5E05C6237CEC.jpeg

8BAC33FC-4072-403D-9B36-3E99E204CE8F.jpeg

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Lucha Konnan with Wolfpac gang signs is cool.

Must say some of those Figures Toy Company ones are fucking frighteningly poor.

The Konnan is one of my favourite designs in a while. The Figures Toy Company ones are very random. Some donā€™t do it for me at all, some scans are really good. We had the teamĀ on the pod show a while backĀ and they explained the whole reason why they use the molds that JAKKS used for their RA line.Ā 
I think they should seriously think about following the trend though. As discussed on here yesterday, kids & collectors want the mattel style line. High articulation, in scale and so they can play or display with the mattel line. Boss Fight have done it, Super 7 have too and in the past 24 hours,Ā Iā€™m starting to believe that AEW have followed suit after all.Ā 

• Paid Members

This 2 pack is circulating. Chyna comes with the spinner title.

33C5E67D-0AAF-40EB-9919-1F30A0F2F9FE.thumb.jpeg.22acdf7adfa06e2865e282d157d3060a.jpeg

Mattel have just announced itā€™s not the final version of the pack and itā€™s purely for display purposes at the expo. Theyā€™ve asked people to stop sharing it on social media.

Why the fuck would you put the wrong product in a box to display at an expo, when thereā€™s plenty of the correct product to hand?Ā Odd.

Either way, class looking 2 pack.

• Paid Members
On 2/20/2020 at 10:02 AM, Hannibal Scorch said:

Wicked Cool Toys launched an advert for the AEW Toyline during Dynamite
Ā 

AEW_Ring-Group-Shot_0996-black.jpg

What makes me laugh at this is you always hear 80's wrestlers talk about the WWF "dolls" butĀ other than the royalty chequeĀ they couldn't give less of aĀ shit.

But with these lads, especially those who never had a WWEĀ one released,Ā you just know they have a massive collection of figures at home and are pretty chuffed.

Edited by garynysmon