New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• Paid Members

From the images that have shared so far, the Jacksons are the same size/scale as everyone else. There’s no size differentiation. Again though, that’s purely based on the images that they released. If they knock out some images of figures side by side and it shows a difference in scale, then fair play, I’ll absolutely retract my point, but as it stands they all look the same size and Jericho looks like a youngster.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

They're childrens toys, the company behind them doesn't seem the type to be making super detailed exactly scaled figures. But yeah there's that choice with who do you market these at, kids or collectors.

They aren’t just children’s toys though are they, that’s like saying all video games are ‘kids games’. Their audience is full of adult fans for a start, all buying merch and collectibles. Those figures are aimed at everyone, from kids to adult collectors, much like mattel are with their limited edition 80’s characters. Little Barry wants another Reigns, fair enough, but Dad Garry wants that limited Harley Race. 

I suppose when you have WWE/mattel producing figures with accurate individual scale/size, that sets a standard. Then you have smaller companies like the Super 7 team and the Legends of Lucha Libre guys following suit. They’re making sure they make their figures to the industry leaders scale, so that kids and collectors can collect/play with those figures & mix them perfectly with the other brands, it becomes expected that AEW will also do the same.

I really hope they have, and as I say, if they release further details about the specifics of scale and they are in fact in scale/size with other lines (including accurate scale of their roster) then fair play to them. I’ll 100% change my opinion, but I’m basing my view on what they’ve released so far, and as it stands the figures appear to be the same height as each other without any differentiation.

24 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

They aren’t just children’s toys though are they, that’s like saying all video games are ‘kids games’. Their audience is full of adult fans for a start, all buying merch and collectibles. Those figures are aimed at everyone, from kids to adult collectors, much like mattel are with their limited edition 80’s characters. Little Barry wants another Reigns, fair enough, but Dad Garry wants that limited Harley Race. 

I suppose when you have WWE/mattel producing figures with accurate individual scale/size, that sets a standard. Then you have smaller companies like the Super 7 team and the Legends of Lucha Libre guys following suit. They’re making sure they make their figures to the industry leaders scale, so that kids and collectors can collect/play with those figures & mix them perfectly with the other brands, it becomes expected that AEW will also do the same.

I really hope they have, and as I say, if they release further details about the specifics of scale and they are in fact in scale/size with other lines (including accurate scale of their roster) then fair play to them. I’ll 100% change my opinion, but I’m basing my view on what they’ve released so far, and as it stands the figures appear to be the same height as each other without any differentiation.

To the company making these they probably are, that's my point. Just look at their products, they seem like an odd choice to go with and are nothing like those others you mentioned. But they obviously want a more mainstream company that can put these in toy shops all over the world.

https://www.wickedcooltoys.com/products/

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Are the Mattel toys scaled? My godson has loads but have never noticed any difference in heights with the elites or basics.

Jeremy Padawer is behind Wicked Cool Toys which is now part of Jazwares. He was in charge of Jakks's line from 2002 until it went to Mattel and he came up with the Classics line

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

To the company making these they probably are, that's my point. Just look at their products, they seem like an odd choice to go with and are nothing like those others you mentioned. But they obviously want a more mainstream company that can put these in toy shops all over the world.

https://www.wickedcooltoys.com/products/

Oh I absolutely agree with you on that mate. Very bizarre choice. I remember them making some absolutely shit Mortal Kombat figures in the early 2000’s. Big clunky things.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Are the Mattel toys scaled? My godson has loads but have never noticed any difference in heights with the elites or basics.

Jeremy Padawer is behind Wicked Cool Toys which is now part of Jazwares. He was in charge of Jakks's line from 2002 until it went to Mattel and he came up with the Classics line

And whilst I love the classic line, that’s my point I suppose, all of those figures are the same height. In fact there’s a Tazz figure which is bigger than Andre & Big Show.