New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It’s looking more & more like the retro line is coming to its demise.

Mattel have stated it’s on hiatus. In other words, they’ve had enough of it and are focusing on other lines. It might come back but it’s unlikely. They always juggle several lines, so the idea of focusing on something else ‘for a bit’ is dubious.

To be honest, absolutely dreadful distribution of the line. Fuck all in proper shops over here since series 3. Quick cash in on the re-boom of the Hasbro line following Ryder’s hard on/podcast for the it, fair enough. Absolutely shite for collectors however.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

There are figures available of John Cena as a Ninja Turtle, a Masters of a certain Universe, a retro Hasbro and a Ghostbuster. Imagine how hard his dick must be when he walks into his mark room with all his figures (if he has one.)

Just nips in there for a sly one before a PPV.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

We got Eric from Boss Fight Studios on for an in depth chat about the upcoming Legends Of Lucha Libre figure line. Eric is the lead designer of the line, and it’s in conjunction with Masked Republic. 

There’s also the chance to win some signed Rey Fenix and Penta merch too 👍

https://mobile.twitter.com/grapplearcade/status/1175259720636076033

1E5AD0BF-40E3-44AF-A4DF-BDB1C6637C6C.jpeg

• Paid Members

Couple of daft Hasbro related things we’re doing on twitter, that might be of interest.

Firstly, we’re recording has Hasbro focused pod show this weekend. We’ll be joined by a pal of mine, Kev Williams, who is about to release a book about the toy line (not to be confused with the KS book that people are pissed off about as it’s a year late).

4A71C590-54E6-4E6B-ADC3-6369CC810395.thumb.jpeg.0717d7fd805dd1fbfaa742892f8009e6.jpeg

We’ll be chatting about the book, the Hasbro line in general, the outcome of this poll (please vote of which of the 4 figs was your favourite):

POLL:

https://mobile.twitter.com/grapplearcade/status/1177000101233008640 

497CDC45-9288-4B9F-99A8-1A5510FC2F88.jpeg.977b5e30d3bc9b25ff3d7ce8ab0ac278.jpeg

We’ll also be discussing the custom Hasbro competition we’re running. We send knackered hasbros to customisers/artists around the world. They transform them, we ask people to vote on the best custom, we send the winner a load of prizes.

All customs will be sold and all proceeds go to charity. So yep, should be a fun discussion for fans of Hasbro & collectors in general. I’ll pop the link on when it’s uploaded. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/grapplearcade/status/1176079355061182469 3F2C705A-FC9F-454D-8503-FBE6E416C92E.thumb.jpeg.f1641010deab895418961c2f0cd68989.jpeg

Not sure where to post this, but seeing as it is figure related I think that here is as good a place as any.

I managed to find and buy the below New Day Loot Crate Figure set from Poundland last week.

tom-chouinard-iii-slamcrateproduct1.jpg

tom-chouinard-iii-20160818-slamcrate-fig

After the looks the cashiers gave me I think I might be banned from shopping in that Poundland again.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, DJM said:

Not sure where to post this, but seeing as it is figure related I think that here is as good a place as any.

I managed to find and buy the below New Day Loot Crate Figure set from Poundland last week.

tom-chouinard-iii-slamcrateproduct1.jpg

tom-chouinard-iii-20160818-slamcrate-fig

After the looks the cashiers gave me I think I might be banned from shopping in that Poundland again.

I hope Bernado Silva doesn't see that while shopping at the Quidshop...

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
On 7/10/2017 at 1:14 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I think my first figures were a set of snide Mega Powers from Flamingo Land. I think they were Hogan and Savage anyway. One was definitely Hogan, and the other had a beard so, you know? A picture of Hogan booting Sgt Slaughter was on the cover, I remember that. Would love to see that online somewhere. Bootleg figures, although not pretty, have almost as much nostalgic value as hasbros do. If there was a particular one that looked good, I'd buy it and put him in my fed.

Fun UKFF fact, that fork and wrestlers thread was originally a thread I started talking about bootleg figures, which then turned into a hasbro discussion.

UPDATE! These are the ones I was talking about. "AS SEEN ON SATELLITE TV" is class.

championwrestling.thumb.png.06e3d9015f8d9c9c84f41431a71917d1.png