Sign in to follow this  
King Pitcos

New wrestling figures!

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Well everyday is a school day! I remember the 90's ones but had no idea about the LJN ones

I think they were officially known as bendies. So you had those, the big 8” posed figs and the thumb wrestlers.

1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I think they were officially known as bendies. So you had those, the big 8” posed figs and the thumb wrestlers.

The thumb ones are the only ones I found when I was a kid

We’re going to be discussing 93-95 on our new upcoming Youtube show in the near future. One of the topics will be based on short lived gimmicks and who should get a modern Mattel wrestling figure (Elite or Retro style, your choice). 

Our first 4-some to choose from (1 pick only) is Hakushi, Avatar, Kwang and Aldo Montoya.

3882E20E-D910-4546-9E6C-2EB52C4E39DD.jpeg.e682bb38b9985a7336614407755e055c.jpeg

It would be grand if you could vote here, but also feel free to comment on why they should get a figure in your opinion. We’ll discuss comments etc on the show.

Poll:

https://mobile.twitter.com/grapplearcade/status/1096551261372063745

Nice one!

These luchadore style figures were revealed at the New York Toy Fair yesterday...I kind of want El Batmano.

dc-luchadores-figures-1158757.jpeg

Edited by CL Punk

If anyone sees those fashion doll style WWE toys that they make of the women(preferably the ones with "real" hair) being sold cheap anywhere, can you bob a post in here please? My 6 year old daughter was bitten by the wrestling bug after watching this years Rumble, and she's wanting all the dolls now...

22 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

We’re going to be discussing 93-95 on our new upcoming Youtube show in the near future. One of the topics will be based on short lived gimmicks and who should get a modern Mattel wrestling figure (Elite or Retro style, your choice). 

Our first 4-some to choose from (1 pick only) is Hakushi, Avatar, Kwang and Aldo Montoya.

3882E20E-D910-4546-9E6C-2EB52C4E39DD.jpeg.e682bb38b9985a7336614407755e055c.jpeg

It would be grand if you could vote here, but also feel free to comment on why they should get a figure in your opinion. We’ll discuss comments etc on the show.

Poll:

https://mobile.twitter.com/grapplearcade/status/1096551261372063745

Nice one!

Anyone but Kwang. I can’t condone anything that would result in Savio Vega getting royalties #anyonebutkwang

1 hour ago, Cod Eye said:

If anyone sees those fashion doll style WWE toys that they make of the women(preferably the ones with "real" hair) being sold cheap anywhere, can you bob a post in here please? My 6 year old daughter was bitten by the wrestling bug after watching this years Rumble, and she's wanting all the dolls now...

There were a bunch of them in TK Maxx over Christmas. I’ll have a look when I’m next in and see if we still have any. They also had some Elites in recently, one of which was a Diesel and HBK double pack and I picked up a Scott Hall Elite for £9.

As for the others, got to be Hakushi as you could different variations of his tattoos and collectors would end up buying all of them

Edited by WyattSheepMask

4 hours ago, CL Punk said:

These luchadore style figures were revealed at the New York Toy Fair yesterday...I kind of want El Batmano.

dc-luchadores-figures-1158757.jpeg

They look as if they're heavily inspired by Guacamelee, a great little Metroidvania style Luchadore game.

5 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Anyone but Kwang. I can’t condone anything that would result in Savio Vega getting royalties #anyonebutkwang

It’s Hakushi all day, isn’t it? Especially if it came with that lampshade hat he wore on his entrance as an accessory. 

Where are the best (read cheapest!) places for the wwe retro line? After purchasing all series 2 and 3, I'm now seeing the rest roundabout the £13 each mark. Is this standard seeing as they weren't on release over here...?

If so, best websites to buy from? Until seeing these I've never been tempted by figures. Nostalgia rules. I guess!

9 hours ago, Mikeymike83 said:

Where are the best (read cheapest!) places for the wwe retro line? After purchasing all series 2 and 3, I'm now seeing the rest roundabout the £13 each mark. Is this standard seeing as they weren't on release over here...?

If so, best websites to buy from? Until seeing these I've never been tempted by figures. Nostalgia rules. I guess!

Wrestlingshop.com or Smyths are best bets unless you chance Home Bargains getting Series 4 onwards down the line

Doing a free to enter competition on twitter and will be adding numerous figures to the prize pot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/grapplearcade/status/1098318200025112576

I’ve just added these Japanese mini big heads, still sealed in bags. 

D7A243EA-D276-4E63-8F27-0D5D4CFFB916.thumb.jpeg.2a7bf0fb09a79ec04bceb29c8b1342cb.jpegDE35E714-29B8-48B6-B7C6-05C7D8F74B6C.jpeg.12305dceaa05c44a8a28d60d966df66b.jpeg

I remember buying loads of these years ago with the hope of using the heads for Hasbro customs.

Since last week's New York Toy Fair showed off loads of stuff (as established in this thread) we've gone through it in detail on this week's podcast, as well as looking at what I can honestly say are some of the most fascinating older bits of merchandise from WCW known as Ring Masters.

Pictures for the 'read (watch?) along' section can be found at instagram.com/royalgrumblepod - please give it a listen, tell us what you think and if we should do it again - my co-host and friend Daryl is a massive figure collector so I know he'd be keen to do more.

We’ve just uploaded the 2nd episode of ‘Hands Off The Merchandise’ where we try and complete an empty 1992 WWF sticker album with 65 packets of sealed stickers.

We’re running a huge competition including Hasbro figures, pin badges, sealed packs of stickers, via the pinned tweet @GrappleArcade 

E236EA7D-DBE4-412E-A077-2F55697476F7.thumb.jpeg.cb0510e63e0ec687d6ddafcf7ea4cd63.jpeg

So the point of the show is nostalgic wrestling tat. We’ve got garages full of it and a lot of it new/old stock. A chunk of which are figures. I mean you get a taster of the absurd amount of stuff we have from the intro video, it barely scratches the surface.

So my question to you lot is, whether you collected figures or not, which line did you like the best (apart from Hasbro)?

Now I know it’s going to be influenced by age in most cases, but there’s a hell of a lot of lines if you count Japanese lines, WCW lines, ECW, Lucha, indy, JAKKS, Mattel etc etc. We want a bit of feedback as we’ll be adding more prizes to the pot.

Nice one!

229BBADD-D75F-4679-AC93-AFB23997ABA3.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi