New wrestling figures!

King Pitcos

Where are the best (read cheapest!) places for the wwe retro line? After purchasing all series 2 and 3, I'm now seeing the rest roundabout the £13 each mark. Is this standard seeing as they weren't on release over here...?

If so, best websites to buy from? Until seeing these I've never been tempted by figures. Nostalgia rules. I guess!

9 hours ago, Mikeymike83 said:

Where are the best (read cheapest!) places for the wwe retro line? After purchasing all series 2 and 3, I'm now seeing the rest roundabout the £13 each mark. Is this standard seeing as they weren't on release over here...?

If so, best websites to buy from? Until seeing these I've never been tempted by figures. Nostalgia rules. I guess!

Wrestlingshop.com or Smyths are best bets unless you chance Home Bargains getting Series 4 onwards down the line

• Paid Members

Doing a free to enter competition on twitter and will be adding numerous figures to the prize pot.

https://mobile.twitter.com/grapplearcade/status/1098318200025112576

I’ve just added these Japanese mini big heads, still sealed in bags. 

D7A243EA-D276-4E63-8F27-0D5D4CFFB916.thumb.jpeg.2a7bf0fb09a79ec04bceb29c8b1342cb.jpegDE35E714-29B8-48B6-B7C6-05C7D8F74B6C.jpeg.12305dceaa05c44a8a28d60d966df66b.jpeg

I remember buying loads of these years ago with the hope of using the heads for Hasbro customs.

Since last week's New York Toy Fair showed off loads of stuff (as established in this thread) we've gone through it in detail on this week's podcast, as well as looking at what I can honestly say are some of the most fascinating older bits of merchandise from WCW known as Ring Masters.

Pictures for the 'read (watch?) along' section can be found at instagram.com/royalgrumblepod - please give it a listen, tell us what you think and if we should do it again - my co-host and friend Daryl is a massive figure collector so I know he'd be keen to do more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

We’ve just uploaded the 2nd episode of ‘Hands Off The Merchandise’ where we try and complete an empty 1992 WWF sticker album with 65 packets of sealed stickers.

We’re running a huge competition including Hasbro figures, pin badges, sealed packs of stickers, via the pinned tweet @GrappleArcade 

E236EA7D-DBE4-412E-A077-2F55697476F7.thumb.jpeg.cb0510e63e0ec687d6ddafcf7ea4cd63.jpeg

So the point of the show is nostalgic wrestling tat. We’ve got garages full of it and a lot of it new/old stock. A chunk of which are figures. I mean you get a taster of the absurd amount of stuff we have from the intro video, it barely scratches the surface.

So my question to you lot is, whether you collected figures or not, which line did you like the best (apart from Hasbro)?

Now I know it’s going to be influenced by age in most cases, but there’s a hell of a lot of lines if you count Japanese lines, WCW lines, ECW, Lucha, indy, JAKKS, Mattel etc etc. We want a bit of feedback as we’ll be adding more prizes to the pot.

Nice one!

229BBADD-D75F-4679-AC93-AFB23997ABA3.jpeg

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

The Jakks line on the bottom right was the first I collected rather than played with. They had some excellent figures in that range until they got to the Titantron Live era and they went a bit shite until the first Legends series came out.

I have to say though the current Basics and Elite series from Mattel have both had some absolutely storming figures. 

Edited by MungoChutney

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

The Jakks line on the bottom right was the first I collected rather than played with. They had some excellent figures in that range until they got to the Titantron Live era and they went a bit shite until the first Legends series came out.

I have to say though the current Basics and Elite series from Mattel have both had some absolutely storming figures. 

I hated those original BCA Jakks figs when they came out, due to being such a Hasbro fan boy. Far much more of an appreciation now. Hugely like the mini jakks figs & sets that came out however. 

678D2987-2794-47B8-9569-E3B7578BB102.jpeg

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I hated those original BCA Jakks figs when they came out, due to being such a Hasbro fan boy. Far much more of an appreciation now. Hugely like the mini jakks figs & sets that came out however. 

Could you use a wall from each cage as a roof section and do War Games?

10 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

This is so weird seeing you discuss these as just today at Liverpool Comic Con I found and bought the Vader and Sid figures from a vendor based on Ebay, Vader was £1 and Sid was 50p, they also had the HBK one for a quid which I might pick up tomorrow

I've got a load of figures I bought about 10 years ago, a few "limited editions" 

Tazz

Jakks Pacific WWE Classic Superstars (Exclusive) Taz Action Figure https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000GLHN8A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5EoHCb76DXW90

Mick Foley 

https://goo.gl/images/6mig1E

Mankind

https://goo.gl/images/JSyxXc

This one is signed by Mick.. But he signed it Cactus Jack.. Even after asking him to sign it mankind... 😂 

Are they worth much? All are boxed and have been looked after, none have been in direct sunlight.. 

I see silly prices for them online which can't be right? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 3/10/2019 at 10:38 AM, King of Hamptons said:

I've got a load of figures I bought about 10 years ago, a few "limited editions" 

Tazz

Jakks Pacific WWE Classic Superstars (Exclusive) Taz Action Figure https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000GLHN8A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5EoHCb76DXW90

Mick Foley 

https://goo.gl/images/6mig1E

Mankind

https://goo.gl/images/JSyxXc

This one is signed by Mick.. But he signed it Cactus Jack.. Even after asking him to sign it mankind... 😂 

Are they worth much? All are boxed and have been looked after, none have been in direct sunlight.. 

I see silly prices for them online which can't be right? 

Yes, figures are at their absolute height in terms of worth. I do however think that this will all crash on around 5-10 years or so, when our generation of nostalgia collectors has its fill. The younger generation will be nostalgically collecting Titus O’Neil Elite figures by then.

Look at completed/sold listings on eBay rather than what people are wanting for them.