The Post A Pic Of Yourself Thread V2

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

or wear a wig and risk ridicule

I'm amazed that you of all people missed the chance for 'wigicule' there!

I'm still just about holding on to a full head, thanks to my daily finasteride tablet. I sometimes feel I'm losing and will end up gradually with a skullet but I saw a photo from when I was 23 the other day (I'm 40 now) and the thinning at the front doesn't seem to have changed a great deal from what it was then. Which is great because my oversized head just wouldn't be able to pull off the shaved look.

8 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I lost my hair at 25. No chance when all the men on my mum's side were bald. Definitely a freeing experience when you accept it and shave it all off. Plus we're lucky to be living in an era now when it's acceptable for men to shave their heads. When I was a kid, it was still the preserve of skinheads/neo-Nazis/bovva boys, and the "respectable" thing to do was either grow the "wreath" around the head and look old, grow a combover and look awful, or wear a wig and risk ridicule. Basically be mocked for being bald, and be mocked for trying to do one of the only acceptable things about it. 

True words.

It's hard to put into words how scary skinheads of the 1960's/70's actually were! Totally up for random acts of violence 24/7. Growing up in the 1970's i would actually cross the road to avoid an approaching skinhead even though i was no threat to them, nor was i what you could call an "ethnic target". I can't begin to imagine how bad it must have been to be a Pakistani or maybe a rival football fan if you were in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Then you had Benny Hill who continually slapped the head of an old bloke as part of his "comedy" sketches.

Thankfully as a member of the "Follically Challenged Brotherhood" in 2019, it rarely ever gets a mention & if it is brought up, it is nearly always just a bit of light hearted leg pulling.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

Don't think I have put a picture in here before, so no time like the present.

image.png.2092ec523fc376a772b374c964d1731b.png

Looking forward to when you finally turn on Cody Rhodes.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Taken this morning after a long walk and too much caffeine, not my best, but i could photograph a turd and it would look better, but oh well, good thing i am hilarious and not a total mess up, oh wait...! 

EDSCn_HXUAAffu7.jpg

It must be cool to have the ghost of Eddie Guerrero working on the other side of your serving hatch.

bike_orig.jpg

As i'm stuck at home studying on a public holiday while the rest of my friends and colleagues have run off to the beach of mountains leaving me wistful. Here's a photo of me on my last big bike trip across southern Vietnam. While I look very biker-esque I do ride my 125cc Suzuki Hayate on these trips as it handles well and has loads of luggage space which is more useful than looking cool. The road in the background went through a minority population area meaning the government hasn't bothered to repair them for decades. It actually got worse for the next 100KM's and took 5 hours to traverse.