Favourite Simpsons Quotes

Family Guy PMSL

• Awards Moderator

Buzzfeed did a ranking of all the Treehouse Of Horror segments: http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/simpsons-treehouse-of-horror-ranking#.uspkZmoa6w

They put 'The Shinning' at number 1. Agree/disagree?

It's definitely one of the most quotable Halloween bits. "No TV and no beer make Homer go... Something something..."

• Paid Members

Buzzfeed did a ranking of all the Treehouse Of Horror segments: http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/simpsons-treehouse-of-horror-ranking#.uspkZmoa6w

They put 'The Shinning' at number 1. Agree/disagree?

It's definitely one of the most quotable Halloween bits. "No TV and no beer make Homer go... Something something..."

"go crazy?"

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

Inspired to post in this one again after watching 'Moonshine River' on Channel 4 which had a few cracking lines:

Homer: New York sure has changed since our ancestor Fievel came here.

Lisa: Fievel was a mouse in a movie.

Homer: Yes, now look at us. Only in America.

Bart: Mary's the girl that proves that girls can like me. And she wouldn't like me anymore if I gave her up. So I won't, even if you torture me like you do the English language.

Cletus: Well, if that ain't aren't the isn't!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

I recently watched 'Bart Gets An Elephant' and I think it might not only be the best Simpsons episode ever but maybe the finest 22 minutes of TV comedy writing ever.

Homer alone is spectacular in this episode and literally everything he says is utterly brilliant Some of them:

Bart: Mom, you're standing in the way.

Homer: Push her down, son.

*on throwing out old TV guides*

"Sure it's not 1985 right now, but who knows what tomorrow will bring?"

"What's with all this cleaning...ARE WE SO VAIN?!"

"Ten thousand dollars! We'd be millionaires! Think of all the things we could buy like...love."

"Oh, everything is cruel to you. Chaining him up in the backyard is cruel. Pulling on his tail is cruel. Yelling in his ears is cruel. Everything is cruel. Well,excuuuusssseee me if I'm cruel!"

"I have only two questions; how much and give it to me."

Bart: Dad, don't sell Stampy, he's my friend and I love him.

Homer: Don't worry boy, we'll get you a new elephant.

Blackheart: I'll take that one too.

Homer: Done.

Homer: Here's the keys.

Blackheart: Elephants don't have keys.

Homer: Well I'll just keep these then.

Homer: All this food is coming out of your allowance.

Bart: Well then you'll have to raise my allowance to $1000 a week.

Homer: Well then that's what I'll do smart guy.

Lisa: Dad, how would you like it if you were killed and your bones used to make a piano?

Homer: I'd like it just fine. Who wouldn't? To be part of the music scene.

Edited by LaGoosh

4 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I recently watched 'Bart Gets An Elephant' and I think it might not only be the best Simpsons episode ever but maybe the finest 22 minutes of TV comedy writing ever.

Season 5, which that episode is in, is my favourite overall. Every episode is a stonewall classic. Just look at the episode list:

Homer's Barbershop Quartet, Cape Feare, Homer Goes To College, Rosebud, Treehouse of Horror IV, Marge on the Lam, Bart's Inner Child, Boy Scoutz n' the Hood, The Last Temptation of Homer, $pringfield (Or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love Legalised Gambling), Homer The Vigilante, Bart Gets Famous, Homer & Apu, Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy, Deep Space Homer, Homer Loves Flanders, Burns' Heir, Sweet Seymor Skinner's Badass Song, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, Lady Bouvier's Lover, Secrets of a Successful Marriage

I can across this the other day, and was quite suprised by it. 00E05F1A-9123-4454-B9EE-F5FB1B6D6175_zps

Even during the shows 'Golden Age' (seasons 3-10) were it was arguably the most well written show on television, the average viewers per season has been on a more or less constant downward spiral. As with when people talk about RAW's ratings nowadays, the way TV is consumed now is completely different, but it's amazing that the show is still around at all when you see those figures. Some of the more recent series have been quite good as the writers watched the show when it was new. It's those turn of the century series that are fucking horrendous

• Paid Members

Last Exit to Springfield, the opening scene with Mr Burns flashing back to his father in the Atom Smashing plant is also a truly wonderful scene. In about 90 seconds there's probably at least 8 absurd, imaginative and razor sharp jokes.

"Come on, come on, crack those atoms!"

"Atoms! One...two...three...six of them!"

"Bosh! Flimshaw!"

"We should have listened to that boy, instead of walling him up behind the abandoned coke oven."   The full scene:

Edited by LaGoosh