Favourite Simpsons Quotes

Family Guy PMSL

• Paid Members
Bit sad bumping a thread where I posted last but I don't care because John The Gay is on channel four.

"Look John, you seem a perfectly nice guy and all, just stay away from my family"

I love that episode, one of my all time favourites, if I had to say my top 3 off the top of my head I'd say Lemon of Troy, Homer's Phobia and the one where Bart steals the videogame.

I love Cape Feare too, it's the first "new" episode of the Simpsons I ever saw when I got Sky. The reason I love the 3 I do so much though is because aside from being hilarious they're pretty grounded in reality, that's when Simpsons is at it's best, they don't go to any other countries, Homer's not doing a different job for one week for an arbitrary reason, no one becomes world famous, they don't retcon a character's history, they're just good stories peppered with loads of hilarious moments, i wish the Simpsons was still like that.

Nowadays it seems like they just repeat the same plot over and over again with unhilarious consequences. For example Lisa becomes popular for some reason then by the end of the episode is friendless again. Same goes with Homer or Marge getting a new job.

• 2 months later...
  • Awards Moderator

There's an article on Buzzfeed at the moment called 'The 27 Best Moments From 'Marge vs. the Monorail' - even if you hate Buzzfeed it'll remind you how wonderful and full of classic lines that episode was.

I can't figure out how to do a proper link on the mobile version of the site but the URL is http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/mono-doh

There's an article on Buzzfeed at the moment called 'The 27 Best Moments From 'Marge vs. the Monorail' - even if you hate Buzzfeed it'll remind you how wonderful and full of classic lines that episode was.

I can't figure out how to do a proper link on the mobile version of the site but the URL is http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/mono-doh

So many great lines but they left out 'I call the big one Bitey!' :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Some channel in America are showing all 552 episodes of The Simpsons, plus the movie, back to back. I think overall it's going to take them about 12 days.

Having had a quick flick through a list of episodes on Wikipedia, it looks like there's about 100 I've never seen, all from the newer seasons.

Anyway, at this link which I can't turn into a proper link - http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/springfield-of-dreams-the-150-best-simpsons-episodes-20140821 - Rolling Stone attempts a 150 Best Episodes list. Can't argue with their number 1, it's my favourite too, but there's some odd choices in there (I hated Behind The Laughter).

• Moderators

No Last Exit to Springfield either. Wow.

Fucking shit load of fucking shit season 9 onwards epsiodes though.

The crowdscourced list is much more agreeable - http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-greatest-simpsons-episodes-ever

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

No Boy Scouts 'n the Hood either. I'm biased on this as it's my favourite episode, but to not have that on a list of the 150 greatest episodes is pretty fucking shocking.

And yeah, You Only Move Twice is a good episode, but deserves nowhere near the praise it gets. Hell, its not even the best episode of that season. That would be The Homer They Fall, obviously.