Favourite Simpsons Quotes

Family Guy PMSL

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members
Bit sad bumping a thread where I posted last but I don't care because John The Gay is on channel four.

"Look John, you seem a perfectly nice guy and all, just stay away from my family"

I love that episode, one of my all time favourites, if I had to say my top 3 off the top of my head I'd say Lemon of Troy, Homer's Phobia and the one where Bart steals the videogame.

• Paid Members

Yeah it was the first time I've seen it in years and was amazed at how funny it still is.

When Homer takes Bart to the gay steel mill it's pretty much comedy perfection and had me in tears of laughter.

Edited by LaGoosh

Bit sad bumping a thread where I posted last but I don't care because John The Gay is on channel four.

"Look John, you seem a perfectly nice guy and all, just stay away from my family"

I love that episode, one of my all time favourites, if I had to say my top 3 off the top of my head I'd say Lemon of Troy, Homer's Phobia and the one where Bart steals the videogame.

Lemon of Troy was a class episode, but I'd say my other top two would be 22 Short Films about Springfield and Trilogy of Error.

• Paid Members
.... maybe Cape Feare for me.

There's no maybe in it for me. It has the moment that had me curl up in pain laughing the first time I saw it. I'm actually laughing just writing about it. No, not the rakes.

Expertly set up by the preceding conversation :

"Dad, I'm kinda edgy right now. I'd appreciate you not coming into my room screaming and brandishing the butcher knife."

"Why? Oh, right. The Sideshow Bob thing, oh I'm sorry boy."

tumblr_n5qa9kMI0h1svsahho1_500.jpg

"BART-YOU-WANT-TO-SEE-MY-NEW-CHAINSAW-AND-HOCKEY-MASK????"

The action of Homer's leap and stance, the animation effects on Bart's eyes in his sheer terror... the kind of brilliant over-the-top physical humour you can only really create in an animated show. I don't know if I'll ever laugh at something like that ever again, because I damn sure haven't since.

• Awards Moderator

Okay, I'm convinced. I confirm Cape Feare in my top 3!

cape-simp-15.jpg

Homer: Hey, kids! Want to drive through that cactus patch?

Bart: Yeah!

Lisa: Yeah!

Sideshow Bob (underneath car): No!

Homer: Well, two against one!

(He drives through the cactus patch)

Sideshow Bob: Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!

• Paid Members

Oh shit, I forgot about Cape Feare.

Aside from the examples already mentioned, it's got :

"Remember, your name is Homer Thompson..."

The HMS Pinafore recital (with the playbill that appears from nowhere)

"Oh no, dad's been drugged!"

"Surely there's no harm in laying in the middle of a public street?" *cue elephants*

Just a brilliant episode top to bottom.