Favourite Simpsons Quotes

Family Guy PMSL

• Paid Members

Have they announced the air date for the episode where they're killing off someone then? Might try and catch that. Must be four or five years now since I've seen a brand new episode in full. Closest I got was earlier this year, switched if off after the first break :( Never, ever thought I'd be doing that.

'Mother Simpson' is on this coming Sunday, which means they'll be no dry eyes by the end

MotherSimpson_zps0c70da15.png

Every time. Every fucking time.

:(

Same here. My misses watched it while I was at work today and she said that she cried.

Re: killing someone off. I seem to recall it was going to be Comic Book Guy

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Awards Moderator

Tonight I watched the episode from the (I presume) latest series, where it turns out Grampa was a Gorgeous George-equivalent wrestler in the 50s. Apart from the plot feeling more like it was from an issue of those Simpsons comics I used to get when I was 11 than an episode of the show, it wasn't that bad an episode.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

one of those lines that doesn't seem funny written down, but with the right intonation and everything, was really good

Completely agree with this. The general muttering between the ladies as Marge displayed the fight tape at the house was another moment like this. Little comments like 'Oooh, he hit him' from Luanne had me chuckling away.

Also, when for the second time, the UPKC chairman announced that the fire works would start 'tomorrow night', and the technician guy erroneously let fly with the pyro the second time and then shouted (from off camera) 'I bought some more' both me and my old man almost fell off our chairs!

I appreciate that without having seen the episode last night or having it fresh in recent memory, these lines wont seem all that funny out of context.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

After Homer loses the lottery:

Grandpa: I knew we wouldn't win.

Homer: You knew? Well then why didn't you tell the rest of us? WHY'D YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT A SECRET?!

*points in Bart's face*

If you were 17 we would have won! But no...you had to be 10.

Written down it doesn't seem like much but Homer's maniacal furious delivery really makes it.

• 2 weeks later...

Another one of my favourite episodes - "Dude where's my ranch?" was on Channel 4 this morning, it's got so many great quotes and one-liners in it:

Mr. Burns: Exquisite, just exquisite! Makes me wish I hadn't released the hounds...

Smithers: Should I call them off sir?

Mr. Burns: No, no. It's their Christmas too.

Lisa: On this battleground in 1886, 300 Native Americans lost their lives, and 4 brave Americans lost their hats.

Homer: (crying) Those poor hats!

Homer: NOOOOOO! I wanted to die choking on food!

Moe, Moe, Moe

How do you like me? How do you like me?

Moe, Moe, Moe

Why don't you like me? Nobody likes me...