Stewart Lee

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

It's great news. If you haven't already, get the Fist of Fun first series DVD. Not only does the show stand up, the commentaries and interviews and really fantastic if you're a comedy anorak like myself. Four discs of stuff as well!

Meant to say btw, did anyone find it unbelievably funny that Stewart Lee won two British Comedy Awards this year? He must've been livid.

The clip shown after his first award summed it up quite well. "what will you do if you win an award""I hope I dont because It would ruin any credibility I had left"Im awaiting my student loan to arrive in my bank so i can order tickets for the new tour, Im in london next weekend but couldn't get tickets for any of next weekends shows. (only single seats left, and very few at that) Im also expecting my If you would prefer... EP book to arrive shortly.I also listened to the audio version of 90s comedian today, I think the final bit may be my favourite bit of stand up. (especially the final line which ties the show together perfectly).

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up seeing him on my london trip a few weeks ago. Really brilliant show.

How his on stage persona has progressed is wonderful, meaning for those that have followed him through his post-springer shows, this show will be a favourite.

I did take along a guy who had never seen Stewart Lee before, he had also never been to a stand up comedy show. By the end of the show he was a complete convert.