Stewart Lee

Devon Malcolm

Bollocks. The Red Button service doesn't work in my new house, so I missed out on that :(

Good first episode, uncompromising stuff though - it's not going to win his critic round.

• Paid Members

"Ed Byrne, a woman and me." :laugh:

Great start, interesting change of format to include the Ianucci head-to-heads rather than sketches, and I think it works better as a result. Plus, an Arnold Brown sighting!

I miss the opening titles though :(

• Moderators

The Ianucci stuff in between was really good. The sketch there was went on too long though, and it made the last segment feela bit disconnected which is not ideal when it's all building up to one punchline. Overall, really good though. And it was nice to hear what changes have been made to the routine since I saw it...

• Paid Members

He probably thinks the sketch went on to long as well. It was most likely done on purpose. The bits with him and Ianucci talking were great. Did they not do that behind the red button on the first series. Something similar at any rate.

On the whole it was exactly what I was expecting and I enjoyed it greatly.

• Paid Members

Aye, that was great, as was his reveal that he'd been called a 'bin bag of a man' by the director general of the BBC. Really enjoyed it again, much preferred the end sketch this week too. Must admit I got slightly tired of the estate agent call as it went on, but I'd cheekily listened to a bootleg of a live show so I knew what was coming really.

That estate agent bit is what he's all about, though, isn't it, he wants you to feel it's gone on too long, and then extract another chuckle out of you, and keep that going for minutes at a time. I loved the line about how many people turned over during the rapper's bit from the first series.

Best episode so far, I thought.