Stewart Lee

Devon Malcolm

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Oh, God, that is great news. I wonder if they can get the rights to TMWRNJ?

Yeah, I was wondering that, too. I'd presume this will increase the chances of Fist Of Fun popping up on Dave or more likely Comedy Central too.

I'd like to see one of the Mary Whitehouse Experience crew do something like this as well. I don't think Rob Newman would go for it, but David Baddiel or Hugh Dennis might.

• Paid Members

I imagine this will be released via 'Go Faster Stripe' (think that's the right name?), the company that have done Lee & Herring's DVD's thus far?

Bet their joint show will be in fucking London

• Paid Members

It is being released through Go faster Stripe, they are putting a third of the money up for it. According to Herrings twitter (and the original interview with Stewart Lee) they both thought the second series of FOF was quite a drop in quality, I wonder how they see TMWRNJ?

Hopefully if it does well and makes them some money they will be able to buy the rights or BBC will release it

Oh, God, that is great news. I wonder if they can get the rights to TMWRNJ?

You want the moon on a stick, you do.

I heard the BBC dont have a copy of these, I have a really bad downloaded version.

• Moderators
I'd like to see one of the Mary Whitehouse Experience crew do something like this as well. I don't think Rob Newman would go for it, but David Baddiel or Hugh Dennis might.

David Baddiel said on Twitter a while ago that the BBC have been wanting to bring out a MWE DVD for years, but as you suspected, Rob Newman won't sign a release for it.

It doesn't say "free crisps" on his gig listings :(

Really like the new format tweak of the cut aways to Armando Ianucci (sp?) giving him a bollocking. And Lee seems more confident in his performance. Maybe he's getting paid more or has come to terms with looking like a contracted Mr Fantastic