Stewart Lee

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Yeah me too, I'm all for acts bypassing the industry & doing it for themselves. We had a date on his last tour (Talking Cock) & he's an absolutely lovely bloke. Always nice when you get to meet someone you're a big fan of & you're not disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to this, between RHLSTP, Me1 vs. Me2, RHEFP, AIOTM, Talking Cock, Collings and Herrin and the Lee and Herring radio shows up on FistofFun.net, I must've spent at least a week or two of my life listening to his stuff on endless commutes and RHLSTP is by far my favourite (Series 1 in particular is one of my favourite radio/podcast series ever).

I'll hopefully chip a few quid his way, purely for the amount of free stuff he's given me, because as he says, the more he makes, the more podcasts he can do. Also, doing stuff DIY is usually always a worthy pursuit to fund.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
Cool.. It's a nice idea, and I read his summary on some website of all the guests he interviewed for the upcoming series and it sounds pretty good.

I will definitely check at least one of these suckas out to see if it's worth the cash.

I totally forgot about this until someone posted a link to the Russell Brand episode this morning which I had a listen to and it was great and I've now just gone and got the season pass for the video of the series.

So. Uh... yeah. A reminder. Check it out. It's good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

http://www.comedianscomedian.com/home

Richard Herring is the guest on the latest edition of Stu Goldsmith's excellent 'Comedians Comedian Podcast'. I've not listened to this one yet but it's a great series & his interviews are top notch for comedy nerds. Usually focussing around how acts approach writing material, performing, practicing as well as how they broke through, thoughts on the industry etc. If anyone gets round to listening to this & enjoys it, I'd highly recommend the ones he did with Rhod Gilbert, Adam Bloom, Sarah Millican & Stephen Grant.

• 6 months later...
  • Paid Members

I saw Stewart Lee at The Crucible in Sheffield on Saturday night. He was very good as always and was doing material that has been recorded for TV. He didn't say it was for Comedy Vehicle but that was the implication. It should be on fairly soon because he did a bit about "The UKIPs" that he said can't be broadcast after the middle of March because of an upcoming election.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

If there's anyone who hasn't seen this yet, give it a watch. It's his short documentary called Don't Get Me Started that he did during the Jerry Springer: The Opera controversy. Really good stuff.

• Paid Members

FUN FACT: he wanted to call it New Puritans, and the production company initially agreed, but they changed it at the last minute to Stewart Lee Says What's So Bad About Blasphemy without telling him. That inspired his 'Winston Churchill was a pig' routine and sketch from Comedy Vehicle series 1.

• Moderators

Went to see the final show at the Royal Festival Hall on Saturday night and it was tremendous.

He did all 6 blocks from the show, so his set was over 3 hours, including the breaks after sets two and four. Also Chris Morris introduced him, which was a nice surprise bonus (and obviously also funny).

Also, one for that other celeb spotting thread, Hugh Grant was sat a couple rows in front of us.

Edited by Chest Rockwell