Stewart Lee

Devon Malcolm

• 4 weeks later...
I cawed it from them (Egg!) in no time as well.

Go Faster Stripe (Stripe like on a Magpie's wing!) are awesome. They started (starling!) out in cawder to sell DVDs of comedian's tours that weren't getting a DVD release otherwise. They're cheap (cheep like a canary!) and brilliant. I love them (egg!).

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. :(

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Resurrection! We had a bit of talk going on about Stew in the Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread thread, and Super Keith Houchen kindly linked us bakc here. So! How fucking brilliant is Carpet Remnant World? He seems to get better with every tour, and I think this one might just be my favourite. The...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

... Scooby-Doo stuff, the young Russells, the build to the end with the shops, the perfect, perfect ending, and all the usual deconstruction going to an even more ridiculously brilliant and insightful level than before...

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

... holy christ I hope he was joking when he said he wasn't gonna do any more DVDs.

• Paid Members
Resurrection! We had a bit of talk going on about Stew in the Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread thread, and Super Keith Houchen kindly linked us bakc here. So! How fucking brilliant is Carpet Remnant World? He seems to get better with every tour, and I think this one might just be my favourite. The...

... Scooby-Doo stuff, the young Russells, the build to the end with the shops, the perfect, perfect ending, and all the usual deconstruction going to an even more ridiculously brilliant and insightful level than before...

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

... holy christ I hope he was joking when he said he wasn't gonna do any more DVDs.

I was at the Sheffield show on Friday night and they were filming the show for DVD release later in the year.

The show is amazing, as any fan of Stewart Lee should expect. My favourite bits of the show were the parts where he talks about people that have come to see him that aren't already fans of his though, especially since his British Comedy Award.

• Paid Members
I was at the Sheffield show on Friday night and they were filming the show for DVD release later in the year.

... and it's now on my birthday list.

And yeah, the crowd-baiting bits are always a highlight. He dragged it out for ages in Leicester when a woman walked out saying she'd come to "the wrong show mate". She later came back, and he worked it into the bit near the end where...

... he has the argument with the off-stage figure about how much more time he has to fill, insisting that the time he spent talking to the woman did count as part of the show.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Went to see Carpet Remnant World in Dublin last night. My face is still sore from laughing. The guy is a fucking hero.

It's the best stand-up show I've ever seen, to the point where it has sort of put me off bothering to go to see any other stand-up acts now.