Stewart Lee

Devon Malcolm

I knew he'd done it aeons ago and revised it for a DVD release this year, but I'd assumed there was a load of changes in between, but if it's the same show for the majority of it then I probably won't bother.

Also, look what I found on iPlayer when looking about:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b007q...ies_1_Monsters/

Lionel Nimrod's Inexplicable World! One of Lee and Herring's early shows, starting with Series 1, Episode 1 right there! I'm looking forward to the upcoming episodes certainly. I particularly enjoyed Iannucci in it.

It's good, but a lot of the material is very familiar if you've seen Fist Of Fun Series One - they basically re-used a lot of material from this radio series for their tv debut.

It's being broadcast on 4Xtra on a Tues evening or something like that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I dunno man.

I don't like Paul Foot, but I'm glad that there's a platform for different stuff. I'm definitely looking forward to watching the show, but with the expectation that I will almost certainly not like some of the comedians.

Walking out after 15min seems a little harsh though.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

I can vouch for Simon Munnery, Andy Zaltzman and Boothby Graffoe being funny. In fact I'd go as far as saying Simon Munnery is fantastic. Alun Cochrane is decent as a sidekick on Frank Skinner's radio show, but I've never seen him do stand up. Robin Ince is one of the bigger names there, and also the very definition of mediocre. Henning Wehn's alright.

• Paid Members

I've never seen Izy Suttie live but heard very mixed reports. I did see Henning Wehn absolutely die on his arse in Edinburgh last year though (I still rate him, just not his night). My main concern is that IMO, niche comedy like this is best enjoyed in small rooms with a likeminded audience. This could end up like a hardcore punk band, widely regarded as having electric live shows being seen as underwhelming when they play on 'Later With Jools Holland'. It's all about the atmos innit.