Stewart Lee

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
I've never seen Izy Suttie live but heard very mixed reports.

She headlined the show I run a few months ago, and went down an absolute storm. I've also seen her live before that, and enjoyed a lot.

I don't think she's for everyone, since it's fairly low-key and....well, nice.

• Paid Members
I fear this may translate very badly to TV though.

I think this is kind of what they're going for.

What, that all the people involved come across badly & it doesn't get a 2nd series?

I think their intentions are right in the fact that they're giving a platform to acts who you may not see at the likes of Jongleurs/Comedy Store/Glee venues (although Tony Law, Paul Sinha, Glenn Wool, Boothby etc all play those gigs) on a weekend night. I hope it finds an audience & does well, any exposure for acts like this that isn't on a scripted panel show can only be a good thing.

• Paid Members
Thank god there is not much Paul Foot. Went to see him just before Christmas. Not funny in the slightest and I left after 15 minutes.

I'd bet you're gonna fucking hate this series then.

I wouldn't think so. I have seen a lot of those comedians live already, he just wasn't funny. Leaning over at an odd angle and speaking in a high pitched voice isn't an act

Thank god there is not much Paul Foot. Went to see him just before Christmas. Not funny in the slightest and I left after 15 minutes.

I'd bet you're gonna fucking hate this series then.

Leaning over at an odd angle and speaking in a high pitched voice isn't an act

Frank-Spencer.jpg

oooh...

• Paid Members

Munnery's great, I've seen him supporting Stew twice and he went down very well both times. They had a little thing like this on the red button after one or other series of Comedy Vehicle, but the only one there I know was on that was Sinha (who I remember enjoying, although I can't remember a thing about his stuff). I'm looking forward to this a lot, anyway. I'm not expecting to enjoy all of it, as I find Stew's taste in all types of culture extremely hit-and-miss, but it's a very worthwhile exercise and hopefully it'll do some good.

His taste in music is terrible. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to this. No Ted Chippington though - is he no longer active? I was hoping Stu might track him down.

• 3 months later...