Documentary Thread #2

Egg Shen

4 minutes ago, carolann said:

Ive been watching The Life And Deaths of Robert Durst. Uncomfortable and weird stuff to watch.  

That's "The Jinx" isn't it?  It just gets more and more disturbing, doesn't it.  Incredible piece of television.

7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That's "The Jinx" isn't it?  It just gets more and more disturbing, doesn't it.  Incredible piece of television.

Thats the one - you're right, absolutely incredible. I did find the interviewer guy a bit annoying - and he looked slightly like a working mens club version of Tony Stark which was distracting. But the revelations and the stories involved are just astounding.

• Paid Members

Wonder is Netflix or someone will ever do a documentary covering some of the many indie wrestling shitshows that have occured over the years in the same way as the Fyre doc? Or maybe we can sell them the story of that feller who's Mrs told his she was allowed into the ring to do some "moves" at a random show(The thread is still in GOLD, and is a brilliant read!)....

I'm really surprised, the baying mob didn't tear that Billy fella to shreds. The only people I felt sorry for were the labourers and the lady with the restaurant who had all of this shit just dumped on them and have lost the  most.

What was  the fella taking about when they all rushed to get tents. And he said he was cutting up tents, stealing mattresses and pissing on the floors in there? What was the point in that. 

4 hours ago, Rossman said:

What was  the fella taking about when they all rushed to get tents. And he said he was cutting up tents, stealing mattresses and pissing on the floors in there? What was the point in that. 

He was told he'd have a private villa, but instead was stuck in a campsite with loads of others. So he went round trashing all the tents around his so no one else could camp by him and make it all a bit more private.

• Paid Members

Not sure if this was discussed elsewhere, but I've just watched Sunderland 'Til I Die. It was a interesting peek behind the scenes, but I found it difficult to sympathise with anyone at the club really. Perhaps it was the awful mawkish theme setting a low tone, but I took an instant dislike to most of the people interviewed or featured, barring Jonny Williams who came across as lovely, that young striker who came through the youth team, Chris Coleman who I've always had a soft spot for and a couple of fans and staff. In the main though, it felt like a club that hadn't fallen far enough to warrant the misery. Maybe it's because I lived in Portsmouth while they tumbled down the league. 

Best scenes were the the bloke fuming at the Daily Mail "The didn't even do a match report. No one line. Tory bastards" and Chris Coleman not backing down to that mutant who called him a prick. 

“I’ve got six kids, who you calling a prick???” Like the fact that he’s a Dad negates the idea that he could be a prick. Tremendous.

That Fyre festival is just hilarious. I love the fact that JA RULE, one of the worst rappers of all time was involved. Swap him out for DMX and that doc would’ve been 1000x better. 

• Paid Members

I don't know which Ja Rule quote I like the most from it: "It’s free press. You can’t pay for that kind of press” or  "That's not fraud...that's uhhh....... False advertising".

Genuine muppet.

The star of Sunderland Til' I Die is Martin Bain. Pure boardroom sleaze throughout. Clearly he had this vision in his head of Sunderland getting promoted and this documentary will be a massive puff piece on how great he is coming in and saving the club. Instead he came across as a deluded egomaniac and bullshit artist. The introduction to him in his speedos, getting out the pool is masterful from those involved making the docu-series.

• Paid Members
On 1/20/2019 at 10:54 AM, Cod Eye said:

Wonder is Netflix or someone will ever do a documentary covering some of the many indie wrestling shitshows that have occured over the years in the same way as the Fyre doc? Or maybe we can sell them the story of that feller who's Mrs told his she was allowed into the ring to do some "moves" at a random show(The thread is still in GOLD, and is a brilliant read!)....

Interesting idea - there's a few indie wrestling documentaries, but mostly they seem to be of the faux-heartwarming, "these guys are just trying to live their dream" human interest type. A documentary on an absolutely indie shitshow would be fun, so long as it's not tarring all of wrestling with the same brush.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, ColinBollocks said:

I don't know which Ja Rule quote I like the most from it: "It’s free press. You can’t pay for that kind of press” or  "That's not fraud...that's uhhh....... False advertising".

Genuine muppet.

“That’s it. If we wanna go fuckin’ see the pigs, and the girls wanna go see the pigs, we go fuckin’ see the pigs.”