What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

9 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Worzel Gummidge was bloody lovely.

Currently enjoying those on twitter who couldn’t accept mixed race children living in a village in a show about a talking scarecrow as it was unbelievable. 

As a big fan of the musical talents of Michael Bolton and Neil Diamond I'm not sure I have any cool points to lose but I'll second that Gavin and Stacey love. I don't know how I don't hate Smithy because it's basically James Corden turned up a few notches but for some reason I find the character so endearing whilst hating myself for it. Fuck it, give me another series you shit.

Never watched The Detectorists, which I know is tantamount to blasphemy on here, but Gummidge has been good enough to make me interested. 

I knew that there'd be fucking bellends kicking off about it though. Probably the same dicks that kicked off about War of the Worlds for featuring, shock, a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

You. Ok, well technically I was playing Football Manager and my good lady was watching this but I'll be fucked if I wasn't gripped by the end. Basically it's about a psycho stalker and the lady he constructs a relationship with.

Imagine a cross between Gossip Girl and Dexter but even shitter. The stalker is the most likeable character and I'll admit wanting him too off people who don't really deserve it just because they're annoying. It's pretty terrible. It's got that CW sheen and style, no gratuity or grit and the acting is awful. 

I can't in good faith recommend anyone watches it. It's not so much it's so bad its good but more like it's so bad it's bad but you have to see what mad shit they do next.

All that being said i'll be back with the season 2 impressions in about a week.

Edited by Mr_Danger

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

I'm jealous. You've got that joy to come. You bastard.

I immediately watched 4 episodes on the bounce, loved it but had to contend with my wife who was apparently bored shitless. I go through fits and start where I either want to watch everything or nothing and I'm a bit worried that I'm going to forget about it whilst I'm trying to catch up with other stuff.

But, yeah an absolute joy and breeze to watch. Between this and Gummidge I've got a new appreciation for Crook.

• Paid Members

Did anybody get around to watching Dracula? Much like Sherlock, it starts incredibly then eventually Moffat and Gatiss overwrite everything until it disappears up its own arse. Really disappointing 3rd episode. First two are worth a watch, though.

Messiah on Netflix is good if you miss Homeland. Nowhere near as good mind.