What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I never got to the end of DS9, maybe a season and a half from the end of it, but I always liked it.

You've robbed yourself there. That's quite literally the best bit. You have this gigantic arc with the last 10 episodes essentially being one gigantic episode.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll get round to them at some point on Netflix.

• Paid Members

Not sure how many Star Trek fans we have here but I've been watching DS9 on Netflix. As I recalled it, that show wasn't particularly great until Sisko shaved his head and grew and goatee but actually the earlier seasons are alright. Far too many Kira-focused episodes for my liking but otherwise perfectly watchable.

I think ds9 was probably my favorite Trek of that era.

The general rule tends to be bald Sisko = decent episode. Chief O'Brien was fantastic on the show. A proper regular working class bloke that people could relate to. Always calling a spade a spade.

• Awards Moderator

Not sure how many Star Trek fans we have here but I've been watching DS9 on Netflix. As I recalled it, that show wasn't particularly great until Sisko shaved his head and grew and goatee but actually the earlier seasons are alright. Far too many Kira-focused episodes for my liking but otherwise perfectly watchable.

I think ds9 was probably my favorite Trek of that era.

The general rule tends to be bald Sisko = decent episode. Chief O'Brien was fantastic on the show. A proper regular working class bloke that people could relate to. Always calling a spade a spade.

Similar to the rule that a decent TNG episode needs a collar. Starfleet uniform that ends at the collarbone = duff.

I've just gone through the first season of Fortitude and loved it. Especially the way the tone shifts from making you think it's one thing to another.

Not sure the second season is needed or will be any good even with Dennis Quaid in it. I have downloaded two episodes for the train back to work tomorrow.

• Paid Members

Not sure how many Star Trek fans we have here but...

I never got into DS9 or Voyager. I don't know why but neither of them were on the same par as the original or TNG. I went to Destination Star Trek at the ExCeL a couple of years ago as it was the first time all 5 captains were together. I got photos with Shatner and Stewart but wasn't really bothered about the other 3. However, I did get a photo with Scott Bakula (because Quantum Leap) and Brent Spiner.

• Paid Members

I watched the pilot of Enterprise the other day on Netflix with the intention of getting through them all over the course of a few weeks. I'd seen the odd episode here and there, like the one with the Cardassians and that one with the Borg from First Contact being discovered but never really given the show a proper look. I was completely taken aback by the decontamination suite where they pretty much had a coed shower sceneafter they'd come back from that planet.

I hear the new series Discovery has been delayed a little further as well.

• Paid Members

Was over the girlfriends last night without an internet connection so i ended up picking something out of her old DVD collection. Picked out Chuck randomly, breezed through 4 episodes in no time. Real easy watching, pretty funny too.

I watched the pilot of Enterprise the other day on Netflix with the intention of getting through them all over the course of a few weeks. I'd seen the odd episode here and there, like the one with the Cardassians and that one with the Borg from First Contact being discovered but never really given the show a proper look. I was completely taken aback by the decontamination suite where they pretty much had a coed shower sceneafter they'd come back from that planet.

It was only an excuse to get Jolene Bollock who was the female Vulcan in her underwear covered in KY jelly. I never got into Enterprise further than like 2 episodes of the first season.

I've got to ask... are you my mum? She went through season one of Fortitude earlier today, and then downloaded a couple for the train. She told me I have to watch it, and then spoiled something which I assume is massive.

Possibly though I'd never ruin it with spoilers for you son ;)