What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

After the news they're making The Spy Who Came In From the Cold I thought I'd rewatch Tinker, Taylor with Alec Guinness over the last few days.

What absolutely wonderful TV from the Beeb that was.

Shits all over that wank film they made too. Guinness' portrayal of Smiley will never be beaten. The way he cleans his glasses ... wonderful!

• Paid Members

The second woman who played rose was stunning and had quite the saucy voice.

The first looked like the a real rough old slapper, the sort you'd find on Adult Work with a black eye in the promo photo.

I agree Tommy, the second one was awful.
Wasn't the first one the same woman who played Edna Birch in Emmerdale?

EDIT: Just double checked and it was.

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

I like a bit of Keeping Up Appearances. Mind you that counts for nothing because I've spent many a spare hour binge watching Last Of The Summer Wine and Open All Hours. The writing's not always great but the cast is usually stellar. Ronnie Barker and David Jason are, of course, brilliant as well. Which is a big help. It must be

Anybody catch that thing on the History Channel with Ronnie O'Sullivan visiting pool halls and the like and trying to be a pool hustler across America?

• Paid Members

Not sure how many Star Trek fans we have here but I've been watching DS9 on Netflix. As I recalled it, that show wasn't particularly great until Sisko shaved his head and grew and goatee but actually the earlier seasons are alright. Far too many Kira-focused episodes for my liking but otherwise perfectly watchable.

I think ds9 was probably my favorite Trek of that era.

• Paid Members

DS9 is my fave of all them. They had some fantastic episodes in amongst what was a fantastic arc.

Loved the murderer episode with the teleportation sniper rifle. Really clever shit.

And the episode with O'Brien and a gone mental Garak is easily my favourite episode of any Star Trek.

Everyone picked up as the show developed, Worf turning up helped, Bashir turning into a bigger headed show off brat after being discovered as GM. Sisko becomming the best Star Trek bossman of them all, all great stuff.

Started off as a half-arsed Babylon 5, turned into brilliance.

• Paid Members

I never got to the end of DS9, maybe a season and a half from the end of it, but I always liked it. Plus it didn't have any Sherlock Holmes episodes which was a relief.

In other news, they're bringing back Porridge and it's got Kevin Bishop in it and I'm going to kill myself bye.

I never got to the end of DS9, maybe a season and a half from the end of it, but I always liked it. Plus it didn't have any Sherlock Holmes episodes which was a relief.

In other news, they're bringing back Porridge and it's got Kevin Bishop in it and I'm going to kill myself bye.

I take it you didn't watch the pilot episode they broadcast a couple of months ago? It was really average.

• Paid Members

Kira was such an annoying character. Haven't watched DS9 in years but I remember hating her for pretty much the entire run. Her and Sisko's son - everyone else was fairly sound.

She's supposed to be this badass ex revolutionary yet I just watched her get slapped around by the girlfriend of the guy that comes to steal Dax from Jadzia. I think she gets slightly more bareable in the later seasons. The Odo and Quark and Garak and Bashir relationships are two of my favorite things about DS9 also.