What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I always liked Enterprise. The theme was shite, granted, but there were some good stories being told.

I'll be watching Star Trek: Discovery whenever it starts but I would have preferred to have had a new show taking place post-DS9/Voyager era.

I've been rewatching Teachers. Fantastic as I remember. Some thoughts.

Andrew Lincoln is a great actor. And very handsome.

The music is so of its time, but a top soundtrack (SHE LEFT ME ON A FRIIIIDAAAAY)

James Corden. Lol.

They smoked a lot in the school. This got me thinking. Did teachers used to smoke in the staff room? I started smoking at 15, and we just to stand outside the gates, but on recollection I can't remember seeing any of my teachers smoking anywhere.

Kara Tointon as a school girl made me a bit uneasy, but it's fine as I would've been 16 when this came out. (The Leon effect)

Susan was very fanciable.

Finally, why the FUCK did Simon let Maggie go??? Maggie??? She was lovely. (Just looked her up, and she's still fit. In Sherlock I see)

I hated Jenny then and I hate her now.

My school had a smoking (lower school) and non smoking (upper school) staff room. The smoking staff let us use theirs during free lessons in the sixth form.

Blimey. We had to stand at least 50 metres from the school otherwise you'd get then confiscated. To be fair I get it. Kids in uniform smoking outside school gates isn't great.

I've been surprised by the amount of smoking they do in Teachers in the school. It's from 2001, they're smoking in the staff room, the toilets, Bobs office, Susan's office...everywhere!

• Paid Members

Teachers is brilliant, I need to go through them all again. Well, series 1 & 2 anyway- I think it went to pot from series 3 onwards. And yes, Maggie was lovely- top unconventional hottie right there. Kurt and Brian are one of my favourite double acts in tv as well.

• Moderators

My school had a smoking (lower school) and non smoking (upper school) staff room. The smoking staff let us use theirs during free lessons in the sixth form.

Blimey. We had to stand at least 50 metres from the school otherwise you'd get then confiscated. To be fair I get it. Kids in uniform smoking outside school gates isn't great.

We didn't have to wear uniform in sixth form. Nor for our GCSEs either. Our school was pretty liberal and sound, thinking about it.

Teachers is brilliant, I need to go through them all again. Well, series 1 & 2 anyway- I think it went to pot from series 3 onwards. And yes, Maggie was lovely- top unconventional hottie right there. Kurt and Brian are one of my favourite double acts in tv as well.

The casting of Brian is inspired. There's a bit when Susan has the breakdown in Series 1 and he's back in the classroom subbing and he tells the kids that lots of people come back from breakdowns and a kid asks "Yeah, like who?" and he looks blank for about 10 seconds and says "Stan Collymore"

Excellent stuff.

• Paid Members

I've been enjoying Portrait artist of the year on Sky Arts again this year. Each week 3 random celebrities sit for 9 portrait artists of varying experience, the best one gets to go through to compete for a chance to paint a portrait of Graham Norton which is admittedly a strange prize.

• Paid Members

Teachers was quality till Lincoln left and people like Matthew Horne stank it up.

Last day of the school year and Corden's character gets Simon some Linx as a gift.

'What am I? 13?'

Penny was mint, to think she's shacked up with that dullard Keith Allen.

• Paid Members

Later series, when the originals had all pretty much left, it went proper shit.

Talking of Lincoln, how fucking good was This Life? The Scottish bird was probably the stand out performer of that show, yet she went on to do fuck all compared to Lincoln and Davenport.

Edited by Teedy Kay

• Paid Members

This Life was fantastic, the reunion show- not so much. Incredible to think that the women from the show didn't go on to become even bigger stars though. Milly was gorgeous.

One programme I didn't watch at the time, but my Mum did, was Our Friends In The North. I need to give these a watch, what a fucking lead cast. Daniel Craig, Gina McKee, Mark Strong and Christopher Ecclestone.

Edited by PunkStep