What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

All true virile young studs know that ITV Encore with repeats of Marple and Poirot is the most choice of Christmas day viewing.

The new Maigret with Rowan Atkinson airs on ITV Xmas Day. I thought the last episode was quite decent.
Fuck yeah! Cheers for letting me know about that. Exactly the sort of Crimbo fare I was after. Was hoping for that or a good episode of Endeavour.

All of you people saying ITV are shit just can't appreciate quality like Midsummer Murders like I can.

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I don't know why people get so upset about the Christmas TV schedule being so shit these days. It's not like we're limited in what we can watch. As long as the Father Ted and Bottom specials and a few Bond films are on, who gives a shit.

• Paid Members

I don't even remember watching much Christmas telly when I was a kid, I think I was usually in my bedroom playing whatever computer games I got that year and listening to my dad get steadily more pissed.

• Paid Members

Christmas telly when I was a young was whatever my nan forced us to watch, which usually what no one else wanted to watch. My dad put Dave Allen on one year thinking it would be mild enough not to upset her, and he said "fuck" within about two minutes. It went off for some shite. 

• Paid Members

There's loads of his stuff on YouTube actually - lots of his old classic BBC stuff, that ITV series he did in the early 90s and even a few bits of stuff from that series he did in Australia. Plus a few specials and compilations too.

• Paid Members

The Dave Allen show was odd. One week it was excellent, the funniest thing on, the next week it was shit. It was like there were alternate script writers every week. Thankfully it's just the good bits on YouTube.