What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I was hyped to watch Empire due to the promos airing several times a day, hell they even put the promo on before Avengers Age of Ultron but with the music slowed down, watching it though made me feel flat. There were some good parts and some bad, particularly how the gay son is perceived by his family, doesn't help that I think Terrence Howard has a very punchable face

Did enjoy that new Peter Kay show, though I'm bound to as I'm a fan of his work apart from his most recent live stand up. Did it get mentioned if they were taping any of the Phoenix Nights shows they did for Comic Relief for a DVD release?

Anyone seen Jane the Virgin yet? Thought the first episode was pretty poor tbh 

• Moderators

So I've banged on about the silent burglar episode of Inside Number 9 last year and how a generation ago, before multi-channel, multi-platform fragmentation, it would have become a cultural classic like the Germans episode of Fawlty Towers or Christmas Morecambe and Wise, but now most people will never see or hear of it.

Well inifitise that for this week's episode. I don't have the words, other than to say you need to watch it now, unspoiled, and be sure to spoiler tag any comments. It's 30 minutes long and a TV show, but I think it might be the best film I ever watched.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05pwfcf/inside-no-9-series-2-2-the-12-days-of-christine

If you've still got a copy hanging around that you can sync up with it (or even if you haven't), Reece and Steve have recorded their own commentary track for this episode: https://soundcloud.com/steve-reece-in9/the-12-days-of-christine-commentary?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter

• Paid Members

Enjoyed the second episode of Peter Cars Car Share. Found the situation funny. Nice cameo from one of the Phoenix Nights cast.

"What's the etiquette for asking a widow for your shovel back?"

• Paid Members

So I've banged on about the silent burglar episode of Inside Number 9 last year and how a generation ago, before multi-channel, multi-platform fragmentation, it would have become a cultural classic like the Germans episode of Fawlty Towers or Christmas Morecambe and Wise, but now most people will never see or hear of it.

Well inifitise that for this week's episode. I don't have the words, other than to say you need to watch it now, unspoiled, and be sure to spoiler tag any comments. It's 30 minutes long and a TV show, but I think it might be the best film I ever watched.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05pwfcf/inside-no-9-series-2-2-the-12-days-of-christine

If you've still got a copy hanging around that you can sync up with it (or even if you haven't), Reece and Steve have recorded their own commentary track for this episode: https://soundcloud.com/steve-reece-in9/the-12-days-of-christine-commentary?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter

Oh awesome -- I knew they'd been asking about which episode to do, but thought they meant for the DVD.

BTW, the episode leaves iPlayer at 10.30 tomorrow night.

• Moderators

Oh awesome -- I knew they'd been asking about which episode to do, but thought they meant for the DVD.

Incredibly, the BBC don't think commentary tracks are worth the hassle, hence why there's none on the S1 DVD, and why they're doing their own as a podcast. The League of Gentlemen commentaries are outstanding.

Enjoyed the second episode of Peter Cars Car Share. Found the situation funny. Nice cameo from one of the Phoenix Nights cast."What's the etiquette for asking a widow for your shovel back?"

The bit at the end with the girls neighbour creased me up. Looking forward to the rest of the series now

• Awards Moderator

Incredibly, the BBC don't think commentary tracks are worth the hassle, hence why there's none on the S1 DVD, and why they're doing their own as a podcast. The League of Gentlemen commentaries are outstanding.

Where can you listen to them?

• Moderators

Where can you listen to them?

Just on the LoG DVDs. I don't think they're online. This is a recent BBC policy change that Reece was moaning about on Twitter, as he and Steve have always given great commentaries on their other output --  all the LoG DVDs, including the stage shows, and Psychoville.

• Awards Moderator

I just got Now TV for Game of Thrones and Mad Men. In the middle of all Sky 1 shows there's a montage for Sky 1 HD programmes.

The identity of this guy is driving Mrs Onyx and I nuts:

RyxJvIn.jpg

Who is he? Or does someone know what the programme is so I can look him up?

• Paid Members

Speaking of bad acting Matthew Perry has been absolutely awful in his revival of The Odd Couple. The other guy is pretty good and I've liked Perry in other things but he is really bad in this.