What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Also, I've been re-watching some Prison Breaks recently, the first few episodes are really great at setting up the show. I bloody loved the first two seasons of that show (and hated the final 2 just as much!), however watching it back, maaan a lot of it looks stupid. Mainly the actual escape parts, it's also aged terribly considering it's only 10 years old. still great fun though. I defy anyone to watch the first episode and not then want to watch the next one.

Never has something been quite so true. First season = break; second season = on the run. So far so good. Third season = break, have we not been here before?

I've casually watched The Simpsons for years but only recently realised its brilliance and how little of it I've really watched. I ordered the 3rd series boxset off Amazon and it's just arrived today. Looking forward to it, gonna try and do series 3-8(?) in order.

Seasons 2-8 are just some of my favourite TV ever. Can watch them over and over again.

• Paid Members

I've casually watched The Simpsons for years but only recently realised its brilliance and how little of it I've really watched. I ordered the 3rd series boxset off Amazon and it's just arrived today. Looking forward to it, gonna try and do series 3-8(?) in order.

How is that possible?! You must live in a cave, I've seen all the Simpsons from the glory days dozens of times as has everyone I know.

I'm almost jealous man, you've got hundreds of the best jokes ever still to experience, enjoy.

Don't ignore series 2, it's excellent and starts shaping everything. Best TV show ever.

Don't ignore series 2, it's excellent and starts shaping everything. Best TV show ever.

Going by this and Sam's post above, I'll order the second series after I've finished this. Watched a couple of episodes last night - I recognised some of the clips in each episode but hadn't ever watched them right the way through.

Bellend's right, I must've been living in a cave all this time.

Going by this and Sam's post above, I'll order the second series after I've finished this. Watched a couple of episodes last night - I recognised some of the clips in each episode but hadn't ever watched them right the way through.

Bellend's right, I must've been living in a cave all this time.

You won't regret it. I was cautious about revisiting season two but it's really great.

Just out of curiosity how much are you paying for the sets off Amazon? I bought them all off there second hand a few years back with prices ranging from about 3-8 quid. However these days HMV are selling them new in store for £7.99 each, really good deal!

If you buy them from Amazon marketplace, you can them for around £5 each at the moment including postage.

They appear to have dropped the price for them new direct from amazon also. A quick search had seasons 16 & 17 at £9.99 each. I won't buy either of those myself, but that was the most expensive that I saw

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Yeah it's nice to see Amazon have dropped their prices on them! I've personally got no problem buying second hand, that's what I always do for DVD's or CD's but it's nice to know if you're out and about in town you can pop into HMV and not get completely ripped off. They've got the same price for Family Guy seasons and stuff too. I've started going there quite a bit when I'm in town as I'm a bit of a DVD enthusiast so it's great their prices are usually much more reasonable these days.

Still, Amazon marketplace is where I usually buy things. Love a bargain!

Amazon marketplace is always my first port of call. Got the latest Hunger Games for the wife on BluRay and was only £10 delivered and that was still in the wrapper. Z-Overstocks are very reliable and delivery is quick too

Yep! I always use Zoverstocks too. Never had a problem from them and I order from them at least once a week.

Yeah like them. It's a set top box and they come with a years subscription and you just hook it up to the Internet. The one my mate has has all the dodgy sports channels you get in pubs for Saturday kick offs.

I think its called an OUYA box. Mate had one was raving about it at first but doesnt use it now as he just downloads stuff and sticks them on a memory stick, dont know why Ill have to ask.

Ive no idea on technology but I believe its similar device to Roku, amazon fire etc just a bit dodgier