What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

I'm still skeptical but I'll give Daredevil a go, I was told Gotham was decent not long back..

I've been watching an awesome little cartoon called Steven Universe these past few days, it has a similar feel to Adventure Time which is apt as it's written by a former writer of the show. It's one of those shows where you can't help but be enamoured at how lovely it is.

Edited by Merzbow

• Moderators

One thing Daredevil does brilliantly is confirm Gotham, in comparison, as being for stupid babies. Gotham is shit anyway, without a single line of dialogue that hasn't been said 1,000 times before in 1,000 other shows, but after you've watched Daredevil, you won't even be able to stomach it as background noise.

Season 4 of The Wire did the same for fans of Waterloo Road.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

Is it good like proper good or like how people say Arrow is good just because they like super hero stuff and it's actually shit?

Proper good. The showrunner is the guy that did Spartacus. It has proper actors in it. It's genuinely good and nothing like Arrow, Gotham or any of that shite.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Peter Kay's new show Car Share debuts next week and I was privileged enough to get to subtitle it before it premieres on iPlayer. One of the earliest jokes in the first episode is him getting someone else's piss spilled on him. So that should tell you all you need to know about the quality of the show.