What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

How about the "Don't come in the telly thread if you don't want telly shows spoilering!" thread?

I've dedicated myself to Mad Men. Ive dipped in and out over the years but I'm now watching it proper from start to finish and I'm so hooked. Are you meant to want to be Don Draper? I know he's a womanising alcoholic but I really want to be Don Draper. More of a Harry Crane in reality though.

How about the "Don't come in the telly thread if you don't want telly shows spoilering!" thread?

I've dedicated myself to Mad Men. Ive dipped in and out over the years but I'm now watching it proper from start to finish and I'm so hooked. Are you meant to want to be Don Draper? I know he's a womanising alcoholic but I really want to be Don Draper. More of a Harry Crane in reality though.

Dam right you should want to be Don Draper, cool as a cucumber. A complete mess of a human being, but effortlessly cool

• Paid Members

So I've banged on about the silent burglar episode of Inside Number 9 last year and how a generation ago, before multi-channel, multi-platform fragmentation, it would have become a cultural classic like the Germans episode of Fawlty Towers or Christmas Morecambe and Wise, but now most people will never see or hear of it.

Well inifitise that for this week's episode. I don't have the words, other than to say you need to watch it now, unspoiled, and be sure to spoiler tag any comments. It's 30 minutes long and a TV show, but I think it might be the best film I ever watched.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05pwfcf/inside-no-9-series-2-2-the-12-days-of-christine

Yeah yeah, im late to the party but wow, that was an amazing episode of television. Sheridan Smith is a national treasure 

• Awards Moderator

Replying to two threads here: all of Inside Number 9 is ace, and Sheridan Smith needs a damehood tout suite.

Who doesn't want to be Don Draper at least some times? Still an incredible show, and could edge out Sopranos as my favourite show by the end of the run. Beautiful and dramatic, with the best characters on TV like, evs.

• Paid Members

I've be rewatching The Office (US, not a fan of the UK one) and the episode Fire Drill has to be one of the funniest episodes of television I ever watched. From the opening fire drill, to Michael and Dwights meetings with corporate, Dwight cutting the face of the CPR doll. Just great stuff.

I've be rewatching The Office (US, not a fan of the UK one) and the episode Fire Drill has to be one of the funniest episodes of television I ever watched. From the opening fire drill, to Michael and Dwights meetings with corporate, Dwight cutting the face of the CPR doll. Just great stuff.

After all the hype I finally started watching American Office after the last series was added to Netflix (even though I had previously bought and not watched the first 5 series on a hunch i'd like it) i'm currently left with about 40 episodes left and it has got to be one of the funniest shows I have ever watched. I think part of that is down to the strength in depth with characters as even the bit part characters have some classic lines or moments. After certain major plot points I am worried these last two seasons might not be as good but even if not the episodes I have watched are fantastic. I also think Creed Bratton is seriously underrated.

• Paid Members

Dam right you should want to be Don Draper, cool as a cucumber. A complete mess of a human being, but effortlessly cool

I think you're supposed to want to be him but then once you become him you realise your life is shallow, empty and you are desperately unhappy.

Personally I'd rather be Roger Sterling.

Season 3 of The Office is about as close to a perfect comedy as you can get. (I would extend it from halfway through season two til about halfway through of season 5)

During season 3 the show knows exactly what it is, plays to the strengths of the ridiculously awesome cast and has a through line which makes it work.

Throw a dart at a season 3 or 4 episode and you will be enjoying yourself more than most other shows.

Whenever I can't think of what to watch on Netflix i will watch season 3 or 4 on there. The Convict is definitely one which can always make me laugh.

I actually stopped watching around season 7 when something happened where I thought it should have ended and then do one more season 5 years down the road. For me the story was done, so didn't bother with the rest of it. I may go back and watch the last couple seasons though.

I have been watching The Last Man on Earth, ever since it became more of a standard comedy it has gotten worse. When it was Phil alone trying not to go crazy it really was fresh and funny. Now not so much, I will probably give up on it soon, not even Betty Draper can keep it enjoyable.

Spike launches at 7:00pm on SKY ch160. For anyone wanting to start Breaking Bad from the beggining, episode one is on at 11:00pm.

looks like utter bumph for the most part though (Cops, Cowboy Builders, Eddie Stobart: Trucks & Trailers etc.) and no HD version of the channel

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Spike launches at 7:00pm on SKY ch160. For anyone wanting to start Breaking Bad from the beggining, episode one is on at 11:00pm.

looks like utter bumph for the most part though (Cops, Cowboy Builders, Eddie Stobart: Trucks & Trailers etc.) and no HD version of the channel

Does have Lip Sync Battle though. First episode has Dwayne Johnson!

Like I said, for the most part.

Sons of Anarchy starts on Monday morning at 1:50am with the first episode of Series 3 for some reason. Same with The Walking Dead early next week. Looking ahead on the EPG doesn't really full you with hope. Expendables and Expendables 2 will have been on twice each with the first week of launch. With it being a new channel it'll take a little time to gain some traction, but filling your daytime slots with Channel5 shows and then Breaking Bad on the night in the very late night slot seems a big gamble. I know it's owned by Viacom (who own Five) but why launch a new channel and then just pack it with shows from your other one.

The main draw seems to be Breaking Bad, which didn't have Series 3 onwards broadcast on UK TV, yet it's been stuck on at 11pm. Obviously, it has to be on post watershed but surely your viewing figures will be better sticking it on 9:30

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I'm 4 episodes into Daredevil. It's fantastic so far. Charlie Cox's American accent is absolutely bizarre though. He manages to sound English, Irish and American all at once. He's great though. Full of charisma. I'm suprised at how violent it is. I can imagine some Mum letting there 7 year old watch it thinking "oh it's just more of that superhero stuff like The Avengers" and the kid being traumatised by all the arms popping out of the skin, bowling balls to the face or a head being pulverised into mush by a cardoor.

That Foggy bloke can fuck right off though. He's the only bad thing in it.