What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Galavant is the first thing I have seen In a long time that has had me In tears with laughing. The songs are top notch, the actings great and I could just watch the King all night. "Are we going to do it?" along with the pose has been repeated non stop here.

• Paid Members

I've started watching American Horror Story. I'm halfway through the first season. It's pretty fucking terrible but I can't stop watching, I just want to know what the hell is going on. It's goofy fun in some ways but for the most part it's shamelessly dreadful.

• Awards Moderator

I watched the first two series of AHS last year. They were both fucking awful. Don't waste your time if you're not enjoying it.

I appear to be the only person not disappointed with season 3 of House of Cards, so I think I'm diving back to seasons 1 + 2 again now.

Edited by Onyx2

I'm actually obsessed with Archer at the moment.

I can't believe I waited 6 years to get into it!!!!

It's absolutely brilliant, I was so sceptical originally as well. I completely wrote it off as some shit cartoon before ever even seeing it! Once I finally did I couldn't stop, the cast of characters are just great. There isn't a weak link on the show, plus it only gets better. The fact it's managed to stay fresh and interesting says a lot about the writing.

I love it and urge anyone who hasn't watched it to give it a try. Season 6 is lots of fun.

I've been going through Happy Endings again as it there is talk about it being brought back on Netflix. It really is one of the best comedies of recent times (providing you ignore the shit premise they sold it on. Just don't watch the first two episodes and you will be fine). It's so quick and the jokes are great. Exactly the type of comedy I feel like Community tries to be (I don't think Community is good at all.).

If you want to watch an episode of Happy Endings to see what it's like, look for the episode "Kickball 2: The Kickening" it's ridiculously funny and an awesome standalone episode of comedy.

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver has become my favourite show to watch each week. The long form story he does each week is pure brilliance.

If you've not checked the show out yet, go to YouTube and look at all the videos he has from his show. There was a recent one about American citizens which was excellent.

• Paid Members

Better Call Saul is excellent, pretty much as good as Breaking Bad and this might sound like an odd criticism but I find myself wishing it was a bit more different from Breaking Bad.

I've loved Bob Odenkirk since Mr Show and he's absolutely hilarious, Saul Goodman is a fairly lighthearted character and I'm sure when they first announced the show they said it might be more like a sitcom, I would've loved to see it a bit more like that. It seems they're just kind of trying to recreate the vibe of Breaking Bad, they are doing a great job though.

Yes, Better Call Saul is the show that keeps on giving. Saul's my favourite TV character in YEARS.

Did anybody watch the mafia documentary with Trevor McDonald last night? Nothing spectacular but it was much better than I was expecting.

Edit: Re BCS. I can't help but think it's about Paul Heyman had he in followed in his father's footsteps. Slippin' Jimmy had Heyman written all over it.

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members

Still loving BCS. Can't believe the season is over already in a couple weeks.

The Mafia documentary was nothing great. If you've read anything on the mob, you heard nothing new. There's an absolute plethora of former mob guys who have told all, including Franzese in a book. The show was hyped like these guys were going to be blowing the lid on something we didn't already know.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I found the Mafia doc a bit underwhelming to be honest, little more than "we killed people" and "people we loved were killed".  No shit, really?

I've been pulling a few late nights recently trying to get some work done, and am loving the inappropriate content on old game shows on Challenge.

I mentioned in another thread, about Jocky Wilson throwing for charity on Bullseye with a fag on.  

In the same episode Jim welcomed two welshman with the line "Ah, Wales, where men are men and sheep are fearful" then, on Bully's prize board was "every girls favourite"...a sowing machine.

Really shocking though, was an old episode of Finders Keepers - if you remember, Neil Buchanan made a statement and contestants would choose a number from the board to reveal a possible answer, often wrong with hilarious consequences... 

Anyway, cue Buchanan asking two teams of 10 year olds to name "Something you wear to look sexy".  I mean, what the fuck?  The answer ended up being fishnet stockings for fuck sake.  I love old telly.  10 year olds!

Loving this season of the following so far.

If any of you are wanting a fantastic tv series with dark storylines and captivating characters this is the one for you.

Not a huge fan of kevin bacon as lead but to be honest he is fantastic and plays the role so damn well.

In my opinion this series is as addictive if not more so than prison break and i fell in love with prison break.

Great twist and turns in ever episode and a plot that i think is really really entising.

Thats pretty much all i watch on live tv