What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

JIZZ! JIZZ JIZZ JIZZ! DR STEVE BRULE PRESENTS HIS WRITTEN AND DIRECTED SITCOM...

BAGBOY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_HS7Z7_Wxg

I laughed maybe two or three times the entire thing. Shame, as the actual show is ridiculously funny.

After seeing many people on here praising it, I watched the first season of Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule today and was very disappointed and unimpressed by it. Are the 2nd and 3rd seasons any better?

• Moderators

If you didn't like season 1, I don't think you ever will. It's all still the same style.

Try this scene from season 2 and see if it's more palatable to you.

season 3:

Edited by PowerButchi

I happened across the original 80's Beauty and the Beast tv series when browsing through Netflix the other day. Loved watching this as a kid so I thought I'd start watching it. It has not aged well, and my God the acting and dialogue are awful. It was a great tv show in its time from memory. I can't remember if it was ever concluded or if it was cancelled. Was there ever an answer as to why Vincent was half man half lion? I assume some sort of government experiment.

I read the reviews on IMDB and fuck that, I'm not sure I could put myself through it.

I'm still watching The Americans and it's getting even better this season, apparently the ratings are shockingly bad right now which confuses the hell out of me as I can't think of a better show on TV. This is cat and mouse suspense at its finest.

• Paid Members

Has anyone put themselves through an episode of I live with Models? I am curious how terrible it actually is.

I lasted about two minutes before I changed the channel, I don't even think I did it consciously, it was my instinct to preserve myself kicking in.

Similarly to Chest's question, has anyone been watching marry me? Ken Marino is hilarious in children's hospital and Party Down but something's putting me off.

Edited by Call me Bellend

Any idea when The Americans is coming back on ITV, I enjoyed the first 2 seasons, might download it if it doesn't get viewed on ITV soon.

I'd just download it, wasn't it was shown at an awful time on ITV? And seeing as the ratings were bad here and in America I'm not sure they'll renew their deal.

• Paid Members

I quite like Marry Me. Love Ken Marino from the shows you've mentioned but he's more straight in this and Casey Wilson has an appeal. I like John Gemberling too from Broad City. Not wonderful by any means but an enjoyable enough way to waste twenty minutes. It'll almost certainly be cancelled soon due to awful ratings.

Edited by Maverick

Any idea when The Americans is coming back on ITV, I enjoyed the first 2 seasons, might download it if it doesn't get viewed on ITV soon.

I'd just download it, wasn't it was shown at an awful time on ITV? And seeing as the ratings were bad here and in America I'm not sure they'll renew their deal.

ITV announced a while back they weren't showing the 3rd season, so it doesn't have a broadcaster over here at the moment.

• Paid Members

Watching House on Netflix. Can't wait for it to end now, I'm 6 seasons in and everything stopped being interesting around season 3. It's essentially the exact same episode on a loop.

Not sure if it's ever been mentioned on here but one of the best things I've watched in the last year is a show called Rubicon, about intelligence analysts for the NSA. Only lasted 1 series (hate the word season) as it was too complicated for American audiences. Think it was on BBC4 over here.

If you like slow burning, intelligent, wrought drama, you'll love this.

Also, really don't get the House of Cards hype.Clever marketing and brand awareness has got this all over the shop. Sorry, it's really boring